Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:59 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
kaladorn Citizen
Well, Tranian's a later day construct (ie I don't know as if he is actually referred to other than GT or later T4+ dates... I don't recall seeing him mentioned in MT). That doesn't discount him, but I was thinking initially of working mostly within the list of available candidates inside MT itself.

Margaret might be an arguably more legitemate heir. Or maybe Lucan sired a child before being whacked. And maybe whoever steps into his place takes over as 'Regent', still maintaining Lucan's legitimacy as Emperor, hence the heir's eventual legitemate succession. This could introduce a period of calm while the Regent grows up....

I'm not sure if I dislike or like Margaret. I dislike some things attributed to her, but they may be hostile spin rather than fact.

Of course, my favourite noble is Craig, from what I know. He seems closest to my idea of what a noble is supposed to be, perhaps Norris or Brzrk in second and third (either or).

A different Rebellion might never see the development and release of the Virus. So no problem to clean up....

I actually felt bad when Brzrk got killed off... I thought that was cheap....
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:59 PM

kaladorn Citizen
Well, Tranian's a later day construct (ie I don't know as if he is actually referred to other than GT or later T4+ dates... I don't recall seeing him mentioned in MT). That doesn't discount him, but I was thinking initially of working mostly within the list of available candidates inside MT itself.

Margaret might be an arguably more legitemate heir. Or maybe Lucan sired a child before being whacked. And maybe whoever steps into his place takes over as 'Regent', still maintaining Lucan's legitimacy as Emperor, hence the heir's eventual legitemate succession. This could introduce a period of calm while the Regent grows up....

I'm not sure if I dislike or like Margaret. I dislike some things attributed to her, but they may be hostile spin rather than fact.

Of course, my favourite noble is Craig, from what I know. He seems closest to my idea of what a noble is supposed to be, perhaps Norris or Brzrk in second and third (either or).

A different Rebellion might never see the development and release of the Virus. So no problem to clean up....

I actually felt bad when Brzrk got killed off... I thought that was cheap....
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:18 PM

Gallery : 7
Visit Border Reiver's Blog
Border Reiver Citizen
Archduke Tranian is referred to by name in the Rebellion Sourcebook page 45 as an ally of Lucan along with Adair of Sol, he was the one noble who couldn't back down from supporting Lucan as he had proclaimed him Emperor.

I like to think that Strephon would have held out long enough to start to receive the fragmented backing of Norris, Craig & perhaps even Margaret or the successor to Brzrk.

"I have come to believe there is nothing in the lives of human beings more terrifying than war and nothing more important than for those of us who have experienced it to share its awful truth."- Ron Kovic

Border Reiver Citizen
Archduke Tranian is referred to by name in the Rebellion Sourcebook page 45 as an ally of Lucan along with Adair of Sol, he was the one noble who couldn't back down from supporting Lucan as he had proclaimed him Emperor.

I like to think that Strephon would have held out long enough to start to receive the fragmented backing of Norris, Craig & perhaps even Margaret or the successor to Brzrk.

"I have come to believe there is nothing in the lives of human beings more terrifying than war and nothing more important than for those of us who have experienced it to share its awful truth."- Ron Kovic

Border Reiver Citizen

Old March 24th, 2005, 01:43 AM

kaladorn Citizen
Ah, okay. He might have been, at that. He got some sort of sidebar mention, didn't he...? Hmmm.

Okay, anyway, he got more discussion in GT if I recollect correctly.

You know, I always thought the original Strephon was a fake (which he was, then later was not). Of course, Longbow II was a long way in coming to light...

I'm just not sure how Strephon could take over again after he made such a bollix of the whole business. His judgement was pretty poor - he was gone, he had allowed regionalism to flourish in the IG, he had trusted Dulinor but not listened to him (very much), and his screw up had cost the Empire an awful lot of dead people. How do you get back up on the horse after that? I'm not sure you can and I'm not sure I'd trust someone that had that kind of record ever again (as a peon in his realm).

I think once he'd dropped the ball so badly, new blood of some kind was required....

kaladorn Citizen
Ah, okay. He might have been, at that. He got some sort of sidebar mention, didn't he...? Hmmm.

You know, I always thought the original Strephon was a fake (which he was, then later was not). Of course, Longbow II was a long way in coming to light...

I'm just not sure how Strephon could take over again after he made such a bollix of the whole business. His judgement was pretty poor - he was gone, he had allowed regionalism to flourish in the IG, he had trusted Dulinor but not listened to him (very much), and his screw up had cost the Empire an awful lot of dead people. How do you get back up on the horse after that? I'm not sure you can and I'm not sure I'd trust someone that had that kind of record ever again (as a peon in his realm).

I think once he'd dropped the ball so badly, new blood of some kind was required....

kaladorn Citizen

Old March 24th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

alanb Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by kaladorn:
He had a reasonable mention in Rebellion Sourcebook, in the section on Lucan's faction. Essentially, he was the only Archduke (besides Adair of Sol, who wasn't in any position to support anyone!) to support Lucan. He was an example of the honourable noble doing what he felt was right, even if Lucan was a total jerk.

While he wouldn't break with Lucan unless Lucan broke with him first, he would be in a good position to inherit control of the better bits of Lucan's faction once Lucan stops a bullet.

Of course, potentially he might then declare for Margaret! She is, after all, the next in the Alkhalikoi line of succession. But that would be a rather suicidally formalistic measure, that he might not be willing to take.

Either way, he's one of the rare examples of named second tier leaders we have, so he needs to be considered when we ponder possible outcomes of the Rebellion.

As for Strephon: forget it. Real or fake, he ain't comin' back.
Old March 24th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

alanb Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by kaladorn:
He had a reasonable mention in Rebellion Sourcebook, in the section on Lucan's faction. Essentially, he was the only Archduke (besides Adair of Sol, who wasn't in any position to support anyone!) to support Lucan. He was an example of the honourable noble doing what he felt was right, even if Lucan was a total jerk.

While he wouldn't break with Lucan unless Lucan broke with him first, he would be in a good position to inherit control of the better bits of Lucan's faction once Lucan stops a bullet.

Of course, potentially he might then declare for Margaret! She is, after all, the next in the Alkhalikoi line of succession. But that would be a rather suicidally formalistic measure, that he might not be willing to take.

Either way, he's one of the rare examples of named second tier leaders we have, so he needs to be considered when we ponder possible outcomes of the Rebellion.

As for Strephon: forget it. Real or fake, he ain't comin' back.