Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:07 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
BackworldTraveller Citizen
Default High Society in Regina

Has anyone written up the social calendar in Regina at any point - or is this something that needs to be worked up from whole cloth?

I can see that there must be the Duke's Holiday celebrations; Embassy soirees from Zhodane and various Vargr statelets; Megacorporate dinners; Media extravaganzas, award nights, etc.; Traders guild dinners and Important Trade Fairs; Correspondent's dinners; Parties by the Counties (and lesser nobility); Gallery dos for Artists; Lionising of Officers; time out for Hunting, Shooting and Fishing; Law Society dos; Medical Conferences, Scientific conferences; Chats with Lobby Groups; time to head back to the home estate to check on the peasantry/local government initiatives; Time to head to Mora for the Sector's Duchess' Season and time get back before the next round.

And only 365 days a year to do it all in.

How do those Nobles ever get time to Adventure?
Old May 23rd, 2020, 11:22 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 112
flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++

well there's a lot of nobles ....

dude, that would be an awesome workup. maybe you could do it. depending on what my players decide I sure could use some help in that regard.
Old May 24th, 2020, 10:51 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome

Charity Events could include fundraisers for:

Farmers of Folrboldn
- A number of Farms on Forboldn are in a serious drought. Money will be used for cost of living grants and water tankage delivery.

Save the Beaked Monkeys
- Beaked Monkeys (or Beakers) have become an endangered species on Regina. Funds need to be raised to create a conservation/protection area.
Old May 26th, 2020, 08:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

BRJN Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackworldTraveller View Post
My good man, that schedule full of ceremonies is what eldest brothers are for.

Me, I'm taking in the Imperium, getting a feel for how things _really_ work, and incidentally following Emperor Cleon II's example of being a 'one man fire brigade'.
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:37 PM

Gallery : 3
GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackworldTraveller View Post
For the two types of Nobles who have "Noble Jobs" there are two legitimate answers: Retire, and Visit other parts of your Holdings (visiting the Moot would fall under the second case). For the Nobles who have a Title but no Portfolio, the answer can be as simple as stepping out to get more Denebian Brandy.

"Alright. Where did that Beaker get a cred stick?"
(Website down until further notice)
Old May 27th, 2020, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRJN View Post
My good man, that schedule full of ceremonies is what eldest brothers are for.
Sadly, This is why the crew have a noble in the party...Where does that Noble get their useful information? The Viscount of Alell's Ball when Baroness Margesi was overhead speaking with the (minor) Duke of Vilis about how the son of the butler was in Arden and they have a major shortage of Lithium due to floods at the drying pans. And Anatra's girl is looking to move her stable and just can't find a reliable hauler for the valuable animals.

There are 43 worlds in the duchy of which 20 have peers. It's not huge. Fiday parties hit the papers at mid day Sizday or early on Senday. So that's the big guys party day. Thirday is good for Business events. Reported Fourday and reactions seen Fiday before the weekend. Investitures during the Season because everyone's around anyway. Judicial appointments when its quiet because it makes sure they get headlines. Namings, Weddings and Funerals are (usually) not annual events. There is the three day Festival on Rethe...All the dilettantes are away from the capital for that. (Anyone know when that falls by the way?).I'll start a page in the Wiki. A big table? 13 big tables (one per month).
Old May 28th, 2020, 12:06 PM

I've started See...
Regina (social calendar)

I'm sure you'll all have suggestions!