Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old August 22nd, 2017, 12:20 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen
Default Maker Technology and Earlier Versions

A couple of questions.

1. Maker Technology apparently appears with the Emperor Cleon, at Year Zero or so for the Imperium. Are all previous editions of Traveller, including the original Little Black Books, now required to reflect Maker Technology as standard, when no previous references have been made to it? I.E., is Maker Technology the new canon, and all editions have to conform to it?

2. Apparently, at the same time as Maker Technology was developed, the capability of converting a totality of the human personality and experiences into a memory wafer was developed. This would be somewhere during the reign of Cleon I. If this is the case, then why did not Cleon use this technology to make himself effectively immortal, and continue to rule the Imperium? Also, if this technology exists, why have all previous editions state have the use of anagathics for prolonging life? Or is it the case that anagathics are no longer part of canon?
Do you have a security clearance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

Nail to the mast her holy flag,
Set every threadbare sail,
And give her to the god of storms,
The lightning and the gale!

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.