Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

View Poll Results: What sort of adventures do you want to play?
Trade and Commerce 30 49.18%
Military Campaign 24 39.34%
Diplomatic and Court Intrigues 16 26.23%
Exploration 45 73.77%
Other: Post Answer 7 11.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Arrow [Referee] On Force Commander Martel of the Royal Marines.

Usual inline, Arial, green comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
Name: Valdemar Martel (Wally)
Born: 181-0158. Died: N/A. Age: 42
Hair: Red-Blonde. Eyes: Hazel. Height: 191 cm. Mass: 105 kg.
Title(s): Force Commander, Knight of The Most Ancient and Excellent Order of Maltese (KM).
Fame: 22 Domain. (Rank RMO4, SEH+8, 2xMCG+6, Flux +2).

UPP: 99A8Bc, KM, 1st Baronet of Pecias, Imperial Land Grants = 3 Mainworld Hexes and 4 non-Mainworld Hexes, 1 Voting Seat in the Moot worth KCr 100/year.
Birth UPP: A9879A. (Lord Martel, by right of birth to a Knight. So that would be something like KCr 5/year from TC from non-Mainworld Hex (Gentleman, Soc A) since Wally was 18 years old. So, how has he been handling his responsibilities to his Imperial Holding that goes with having a Land Grant and its income?)
Genetic Profile: 5564XB. (So, who was the Knight and of what Order are they?)

Skills: Animals-0 (Riding)-1, Art (Sketch)-1, Driver-0 (Wheeled)-1, Engineer-2 (Power Plants)-2, Explosives-1, Fighting-6 (Unarmed)-2, Flyer-0 (Grav)-1, Hostile Environment-1, Language (Battle)-6, Leader-2, Mechanic-1, Medic-1, Stealth-2, Tactics-3.

Birthworld: [FS 1726] Pecias E 564 620-2. Ni Ag Ri Co FSa {0} (95A0) [4691] BC A12 Ic G7 V NIL Settlers RU 450 Worlds 15.
Homeworld: Same
Homeworld Skills: Driver-0 (Wheeled)-1, Animals-0 (Rider)-1, Art (Sketch)-1.

Education: Imperial Joint Forces Academy at Blackwall. (Edu 9, Target 9-1=8): roll=6 (Accepted).
Pass/Fail: Target C5-1=8, rolls: 7, 8, 8, 4, Honors: 11 Pass, w/o Honors
Major: Engineer-2 (Power Plants)-2, Assume that you took the course work equal to an Associate's in Power Plants and then on top of that got the basic Bachelor of Naval Engineering [MOS: 11B RN Power Systems Officer (O1-O3)], as each Year of Education equals one Receipt of a Skill or Knowledge. So your actual Major is Engineer. Minor: Tactics (Military)-2 [MOS: 21A RM Infantry Officer].
Commissioned: Royal Marine Officer 1
UPP: A9879A.

Term 1:
Begin: Automatic
Branch: Commando (21C 5V). [MOS: 21C RM Recon, Qualification Code: 5V Commando Qualification.]
Assignments: 5,4,4,3 Insurgency 2, 2 x Insurgency 1, Peace Keeper DM: Caution +2
Risk (C1=A): Target: A-2-2-1+2=7, roll =7. Success.
Reward (C1=A): Target: A+2+2-1-2=C, roll =2 Success.
Medals: C-R=8 Campaign Ribbon (See GM), SEH
Promotion: Edu 9-1 Royal Marine Mod+1=9, roll 8 Success: Royal Marine Officer 2. Automatic Rank Skill: Leader-1
Continue: Str=A-1 Royal Marine Mod, roll =9 Success.
Skills: Fighting 0 (Unarmed)-2, C2 +1 (Dex A), C3+2 (End A).
UPP: AAA79A.

Term 2:
Assignments: 3,2,2,5 Peace Keeper, Combat, Combat, Insurgency 2 DM: Caution +2
Risk (C2=A): Target: A-2-2-1+2=7, roll =7 Success.
Reward (C2=A): Target: A+2+2-1-2=B, roll =4 Success.
Medals: C-R=6 Campaign Ribbon (See GM), MCG.
Promotion: Edu 9-1 Royal Marine Mod+1=9, roll =7 Success: Royal Marine Officer 3
Continue: Str=A-1=9, roll =4 Success.
Skills: Fighting-2, Language (Battle)-6, Stealth-1, C4+1 (Int 8).
UPP: AAA89A.

Term 3:
Assignments: 1,1,2,2, Battle, Battle, Combat, Combat DM: Caution +2
Risk (C3=A): Target: A-2-3-1+2=6, roll =8 Failure. Wounds 1 Recover 1
Reward (C3=A): Target: A+2+2-1-2=B, roll N/A.
Medals: Wound Badge
Promotion: Edu=9-1 Royal Marine Mod =8, roll =2 Success: Royal Marine Officer 4 Automatic Rank Skill: Tactics-1
Continue: Str=A-2=8, roll =5 Success.
Skills: Fighting-2, Mechanic-1, C5+2 (Edu B).
Aging: Life Stage 5, C1 roll =7 , C2, roll =6, C3 roll =7.
UPP: AAA7BA.

Term 4:
Assignments: Command College, 1,1,5 So how do you roll a 1 on 2D? Command College is 1 year and only requires 1x Pass/Fail roll v. Int or C5. Also, what was your Major in Command College, got a Thesis subject perhaps? Command College Majors: Strategy, Leader, or Liaison. This is a 1 year College, so I assume that last roll is Honors. Battle, Battle, Insurgency 2 DM: Caution +2
Risk (C4=8): Target:8-3-2-1+2=3, roll =7 Failure Wounds 2 Recover 2
Reward (C4): Target 8+3+2-2-1=A, roll: N/A
Medals: Wound Badge
Promotion: Edu=9-1 Royal Marine Mod =8, roll =A Failure.
Continue: Str=A-3=7, roll =7 Success.
Skills: Leader-1, Flyer-0 (Grav)-1, Stealth-1, Fighting-1
Aging: Life Stage 5<2D, C1 roll =3 (Str -1 =9), C2, roll =9, C3 roll =9
UPP: 9AA7BA.

Term 5:
Assignments: 3,4,5,1 Peace Keeper, Insurgency, Insurgency 2, Battle DM: +2 Caution
Risk (C1=A): Target A-3-2-1+2=6, roll =4 Success.
Reward (C1=A): Target: A+3+2-2-1=C, roll =4 Success.
Medals: C-R=6 Campaign Ribbon, MCG
Promotion: Edu=9-1 Royal Marine Mod =8 +1=9, roll =B Failure
Continue: Str=A-4=6, roll =5 Success.
Skills: Fighting-1, Explosives-1, Hostile Environment-1, Medic-1
Aging: Life Stage 6<2D, C1 roll =7, C2 roll =6 (Dex -1 =9), C3 roll =9
UPP: 99A7BA.

Muster Out (9: 5 terms, 3 Medals, Fame Bonus): C6+2 ("Citizen Valdemar Martel is hereby Elevated to the Rank and Title of 1st Baronet of Pecias by Decree of HI&RM Vladimir II, Emperor of the Permatic Worlds, with an Imperial Exception to assignment of preferred Noble Land Grants which are to be Awarded on his Homeworld." Income: 3x Mainworld Hexes @ KCr 10 x 5 TCs = KCr 50/year = KCr 150/year total + 4x non-Mainworld Hexes @ KCr 5/year (minimum) = KCr 20/year total (minimum) = Minimum Income Per Year: KCr 170.), Retirement: 30 KCr per annum, WaferJack, Life Insurance (When was your last Update? I will be nice and assume you get your Primary Personality Recording done when you Muster Out, but your Updated Personality Recording is on you. ), Cr120,000. Weapon (Probably a side arm)
So, there you are Wally, officially the 1st Baronet of Pecias. Congratulations on your Elevation.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 23rd, 2013 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: colors and Royals.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:59 AM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Arrow [Referee] On Languages: For Professor Areri Shashimamikuus.

My suggestion is to take a Major in Linguistics (which is a Skill and thus not limited to a maximum of 6 and Minor in your desired Languages.

Just a thought, what do you think, Player?
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM

Small Starburst Setting: An Order of Knighthood for Scouts and Cool Star Chart.

The Prepared Order of the Compass and Beacon is a very small yet prestigious order whose membership is composed entirely of exceptional Scouts, whether a member of recognized private Scout Service or the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service.

Here is the holodisplay version of the Far Stars Sector starchart. It gives you a better idea of the Size and Hydro of the Worlds of the Permatic Imperium.

Enjoy!

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 23rd, 2013 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: is, The.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:15 AM
Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
My suggestion is to take a Major in Linguistics (which is a Skill and thus not limited to a maximum of 6 and Minor in your desired Languages.

Just a thought, what do you think, Player?
IRL, PHD's in language actually research that language's literature, or Theater, or Opera, or Music, or other Cultural asset.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Margrave

Quote:
Usual inline, Arial, green comments.So, there you are Wally, officially the 1st Baronet of Pecias. Congratulations on your Elevation.
I forgot to list the success rolls for Command College. The die rolls listed were the assignments for the other three years.

IIRC, the roll was a 5 (success) and an A failure, so passed, w/o Honors. My CC thesis was "Upon Leading Marines on the Modern Battlefield".

EDIT: Father is of the Maltese. GCM in fact. It is he who has managed my inheritance until my retirement from office.
Dear Ma mah is of the old C and C. KHC. Truth be told, my siblings and I wouldn't be here had Father not taken that wound during that Parthian uprising in 130.

And it is Family Tradition that we be among the Blunt and Honest Members of the Elevators. The rumor mongering hustlers in the Elevators are New Money or Old Hens.

I expect my side arm will be a slug thrower. Family Tradition and all that. Tradition also dictates we update our Life Insurance on our birthdays, and as near the Birthday of the Marines as possible, so twice a year.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.

Last edited by pendragonman; April 23rd, 2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM

Arrow [Referee] On the Force Commander.

Again, so the machine knows I typed something, comments are inline, Arial, and green.
Quote:
I forgot to list the success rolls for Command College. The die rolls listed were the assignments for the other three years.

IIRC, the roll was a 5 (success) and an A failure, so passed, w/o Honors. My CC thesis was "Upon Leading Marines on the Modern Battlefield". So that would be Leader-1 for Command College Skill then? Which would give you Leader-3.

EDIT: Father is of the Maltese. GCM in fact. It is he who has managed my inheritance until my retirement from office. Where did you get the idea that Royal Marine Commandos retired? They get Retirement Pay at 5 Terms, but they are always listed on the Imperial and Royal Armed Forces Duty Rolls as Reserves. So, you don't put (RM Ret.) after your name, you append (RMR, for Royal Marine Reserves) to your name.
Dear Ma mah is of the old C and C. KHC. Truth be told, my siblings and I wouldn't be here had Father not taken that wound during that Parthian uprising in 130. Points for referencing the History. I gave you a KSM, but I can change that to The Most Ancient and Excellent Order of Maltese if you desire.
EDIT: Updated your Knighthood to The Most Ancient and Excellent Order of Maltese

And it is Family Tradition that we be among the Blunt and Honest Members of the Elevators. The rumor mongering hustlers in the Elevators are New Money or Old Hens.

I expect my side arm will be a slug thrower. Family Tradition and all that. Tradition also dictates we update our Life Insurance on our birthdays, and as near the Birthday of the Marines as possible, so twice a year. Cool beans, now I have to figure out when that is? Hmmmm. I will have to get back to that. Never thought I might have to know what the date for the founding of the Imperial or Royal Marines were.
So there are my responses. Got any from your end now?

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 23rd, 2013 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Change in Knighthood.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
Margrave

Quote:
Again, so the machine knows I typed something, comments are inline, Arial, and green.So there are my responses. Got any from your end now?
What I meant, Sir, and you would know if you were one, is that I retired from active service. Everyone who is Anyone knows that Marines are Marines from cradle to grave. Sniff.

Actually, I was just going to ask you to put me into the Maltese. And yes, I guess that makes leader-3.

Now, do I have a social secretary yet, or am I leaning on the family retainers while at home? I need to get the ball on my shedule and get my Blues out for cleaning and alteration. One must look Tip Top for these occasions. After all, you never know when one will be called in front of HI&RM...

EDIT: Founding of the Royal Marines: October 28, 1664

Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Sigmund Citizen

Is it possible to still get in on this? I'd love to try out T5. Either way I'll be watching what happens

SOLO 1324 SHULGI B512855-C
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:56 PM

Arrow [Referee] In a Word, Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
Is it possible to still get in on this? I'd love to try out T5. Either way I'll be watching what happens
Please do. You will need to generate a Character first and post it. Then I will check it and we will add you to the Invite List for the Holiday Ball.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM

Arrow [Referee] Yet more on the Marine.

Usual Comments: inline, Arial, green.
Quote:
What I meant, Sir, and you would know if you were one, is that I retired from active service. Everyone who is Anyone knows that Marines are Marines from cradle to grave. Sniff. Okay, you win that round.

Actually, I was just going to ask you to put me into the Maltese. And yes, I guess that makes Leader-3. Just another example of how damned good a Referee I am.

Now, do I have a social secretary yet, or am I leaning on the family retainers while at home? I don't know, right now it looks like you are leaning on the House of Martel staff. However, you are getting your official Elevation and Patent of Arms and Nobility at the Holiday Ball, so you might want to start looking for Staff and think about that Personal Forces unit you as a Peer are expected raise and equip for the Defense of the Realm. I need to get the ball on my shedule and get my Blues out for cleaning and alteration. One must look Tip Top for these occasions. After all, you never know when one will be called in front of HI&RM...That would be at Court, when you take your Oath of Fealty to HI&RM Vladimir II right before the Holiday Honors List Dinner. The HHL Dinner takes place before the Holiday Ball.
A parchment card included in the envelope with Valdemar's Invitation to the Holiday Ball.

Instructions for Presentation to HI&RM Vladimir II, Emperor of the Permatic Worlds: You will be Announced and Presented to His Majesty as Lord Valdemar Martel, of the House of Martel. You will then be Knighted in The Most Ancient and Excellent Order of Maltese, then Elevated to 1st Baronet of Pecias. You will then give your Oath of Fealty to His Majesty (and He will give His Oath in return). After the Oath taking and giving you will be escorted to the Reception Room till all other Citizens and Subjects have been Recognized. After all the others have been Recognized (as per their standing on Holiday Honors List) you all have dinner with HI&RM.

Note: All the Invitations to the Holiday Ball are hand written in a nice calligraphy in blue ink on a beautifully hand crafted, white parchment card in a similar white parchment envelope with purple edging.
EDIT: Founding of the Royal Marines: October 28, 1664. Sounds good to me and Vladimir is big on old school traditions so it should work for Him too.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC