Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

View Poll Results: What sort of adventures do you want to play?
Trade and Commerce 30 49.18%
Military Campaign 24 39.34%
Diplomatic and Court Intrigues 16 26.23%
Exploration 45 73.77%
Other: Post Answer 7 11.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:19 AM
Baron

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Arrow [Referee] Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzlvraz View Post
Denies me permission, asks me to log in, and then denies me again.
Really, that is bogus. You might want to direct that to the attention of the Admin. Perhaps he can get it straightened out.

Until then, here is the Far Stars Sector starchart and the Riftborne Domains (which is sideways and the left edge is actually Coreward and the date-stamp is the Rimward edge).

Yep, I just checked it, it is labeled as Public so you think you should be able to see it. Hmmm. Time to ping Admin about it then. Would you mind handling it, player?
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:37 AM
Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Name: Valdemar Martel (Wally)
Born: 181-????. Died: N/A. Age: 42
Hair: Red-Blonde. Eyes: Hazel. Height: 191 cm. Mass: 105 kg.
Title(s): Force Commander
Fame: 22 (Rank O4, SEH+10, 2xMCG+6, Flux +2).

UPP: AAA8BC.
Birth UPP: A9879A.
Genetic Profile: 5564XB.

Skills: Driver (Wheeled)-1, Animals (Riding)-1, Artist (Sketch)-1, Engineering (Power Plants)-4, Military Tactics-2, Fighting (Unarmed)-2, Fighting-6, Language (Battle)-8, Stealth-2, Mechanic-1, Flyer (Grav)-1, Leader-1, Explosives-1, Hostile Environment-1, Medic-1

Birthworld: Pecias E 564 620-2. Ni Ag Ri
Homeworld: Same
Homeworld Skills: Driver(wheeled)-1, Animals(Rider)-1, Artist (Sketch)-1.

Education: Emperor’s Own Permatic Naval Academy (Edu 9, Target 9-1=8): roll=6 (Accepted).
Pass/Fail: Target C5-1=8, rolls: 7, 8, 8, 4, Honors: 11 Pass, w/o Honors
Major: Engineering (Power Plants 4), Minor: Military Tactics-2.
Commissioned: Marine Officer 1

Term 1:
Begin: Automatic
Branch: Commando.
Assignments: 5,4,4,3 Insurgency 2, 2 x Insurgency 1, Peace Keeper DM: Caution +2
Risk (C1=A): Target: A-2-2-1+2=7, roll =7. Success.
Reward (C1=A): Target: A+2+2-1-2=C, roll =2 Success.
Medals: C-R=8 Campaign Ribbon (See GM), SEH
Promotion: Edu 9+1=A, roll 8 Success: Marine Officer 2.
Continue: Str=A, roll =A Success.
Skills: Fighting (Unarmed) 2, C2 +1, C3+2.

Term 2:
Assignments: 3,2,2,5 Peace Keeper, Combat, Combat, Insurgency 2 DM: Caution +2
Risk (C2=A): Target: A-2-2-1+2=7, roll =7 Success.
Reward (C2=A): Target: A+2+2-1-2=B, roll =4 Success.
Medals: C-R=6 Campaign Ribbon (See GM), MCG.
Promotion: Edu 9+1=A, roll =7 Success: Marine Officer 3
Continue: Str=A-1=9, roll =4 Success.
Skills: Fighting 2, Language (Battle) 1, Stealth 1, C4+1.

Term 3:
Assignments: 1,1,2,2, Battle, Battle, Combat, Combat DM: Caution +3
Risk (C3=A): Target: A-2-3-1+3=7, roll =8 Failure. Wounds 1 Recover 1
Reward (C3=A): Target: A+2+2-1-3=A, roll N/A.
Medals: Wound Badge
Promotion: Edu=9, roll =2 Success: Marine Officer 4
Continue: Str=A-2=8, roll =5 Success.
Skills: Fighting 2, Mechanic, C5+2
Aging: Life Stage 5, C1 roll =7 , C2, roll =6, C3 roll =7

Term 4:
Assignments: Command College, 1,1,5, Battle, Battle, Insurgency 2 DM: Caution +3
Risk (C4=8): Target:8-3-2-1+3=5, roll =7 Failure Wounds 2 Recover 2
Reward (C4): Target 8+3+2-3-1=9, roll: N/A
Medals: Wound Badge
Promotion: Edu=9, roll =A Failure.
Continue: Str=A-3=7, roll =7 Success.
Skills: Leader, Flyer (Grav) 1, Stealth-1, Fighting 1
Aging: Life Stage 5<2D, C1 roll =3, C2, roll =9, C3 roll =9

Term 5:
Assignments: 3,4,5,1 Peace Keeper, Insurgency, Insurgency 2, Battle DM: +3 Caution
Risk (C1=A): Target A-3-2-1+3=7, roll =4 Success.
Reward (C1=A): Target: A+3+2-3-1=B, roll =4 Success.
Medals: C-R=6 Campaign Ribbon, MCG
Promotion: Edu=9+1=A, roll =B Failure
Continue: Str=A-4=6, roll =5 Success.
Skills: Fighting 1, Explosives 1, Hostile Environment 1, Medic 1
Aging: Life Stage 6<2D, C1 roll =7, C2 roll =6 , C3 roll =9

Muster Out (9: 5 terms, 3 Medals, Fame Bonus): C6+2 (Baronet), Retirement: 30 KCr, per annum, WaferJack, Life Insurance, Cr120,000. Weapon (Probably a side arm)

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.

Last edited by pendragonman; April 23rd, 2013 at 12:56 AM..
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:48 AM
Margrave

Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Wally is a member of HRH's Own Marine Commandos. Notice all of the nasty little -1's...

He went to HRH's Own Naval Academy. Notice all the nasty little -1's...

SEH first term out of the Academy. 2 MCGs. 5 Campaign ribbons (Mags, need Chrome for these), wounded twice. Promoted to Baronet upon retirement. (Mags, prefer my hexes be on my homeworld if possible).

Still need to equip, and pick my free weapon. Guidance from HRH on this choice would be appreciated.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:15 AM
Baron

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Arrow [Referee] Answers.

See the usual inline, Arial, green comments.
Quote:
1) Adishmu University: on Ressampo, unless there's a reason not to be. That will be fine, Adishmu University is located on [FS 1623] Ressampo. A 454 6CA-D Ph Pa NS 910 Im.

2) Fame +2: Mustering out, I got an 8 on the Benefits table (p.84) twice, hence +2 Coolie beans.

3) Languages: I'll add Voodgi sign in the formal revision, and we'll pend the rest as TBD for now. I will try and get you more, though I do note that Permatic has NIL = Natives, so if you are interested they too probably have a non-Terran descended Language.

4) Birthworld: You've no desert Hellworld, so I need to re-write part of my bio. I'll get this taken care of post-haste
[FS 1230] Schea. E 6A0 BDB-3 Hi He Ht, or [FS 1722] Frita. C 772 89A-5 Ph Pi He Ht, or [FS 1824] Mingl B AD2 68A-8 Fl Ni He Cd or [FS 1319] Nesse. D 230 49C-7 De Ni Po, or [FS 1327] SUPSULA. A 522 BFD-8 Hi Na In He? You want Hellworlds, well I got 'em! Little light on Deserts though.

5) Major: The problem with picking one Language for a Major is that the book seems to be saying (p.100, lower-left-hand corner) that my Major is "Language", and p.163 says I can't put more points in any separate Language than are required to get it to my Edu, and some other limitations making this an unusual Skill.

When I get Language-5 in undergrad alone, I can't figure out how to put all the points in one Language ; please help me I will have to look at it and get back to you, please hold on for a smidge on this..

6) Honours: I'll roll and add in the edit Sweet.

7) Scholar skill: Thanks for the clarification. p.142 doesn't list "Scholar" anywhere as a Skill, Talent, Knowledge, or anything else, and as a Career Knowledge (p.144), it says it maxes at 6. I didn't know whether the Max-6 was "you can get a lot, but only 6 from Terms", or "you can have only 6 total no matter what". When combined with specific Sciences being capped at 6, you can see where my mind went. Sordenrae's Fame has nothing to worry about from me, now . Oh, yeah, you got me, you are right it does max (total) out at 6 if it is a Knowledge, not a Skill. Which I checked in the Knowledges on page 174 under Career.

p.144 also tells me I forgot the World Knowledge for wherever I've been Universitying all these years. That would be true, so do note them.

Major Edit: pending...
Now seriously, I am off to finish dinner. No, really this time.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:03 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Jazzlvraz Citizen

Birthworld: How about [FS2427] Homagatu C 340 223-7? It's listed with no TCs at all, but its characteristics seem to make it De He Lo Po Mi. Just the kind of place I want to get my butt away from...
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:10 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

Visit TomeGnome's Blog
TomeGnome Citizen

I was running through the CharGen a second time with the T5 Big Book of Door-Stopping (making what turned out to be the Universe's Luckiest Scout) and noticed my screw-ups vis-a-vis Risk/Reward, Skills, &c. I will correct them once I get some sleep, if that happens.

I think I will swap out Sophontology and plug in Archaeology, and then (possibly) monkey around with some different Minors (Psychology, Psycho-History, &c).

"St. Summerfield's" is a dork reference to this.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:15 AM
Baron

Arrow [Referee] A quick note, but still not vetted.

As is my standard now for Referee Comments, find them inline, Arial and in green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
Wally is a member of HRH's Own Marine Commandos. Notice all of the nasty little -1's... Yeah, I will be noticing them soon.

He went to HRH's Own Naval Academy. Notice all the nasty little -1's... That would be the Imperial Joint Forces Academy at Blackwall, sir. Oh and it is not HRH, it is HI&RM, or His Imperial and Royal Majesty. HRH is for the Heir Apparent, of which there is none at the moment, but Rumor says He will be announcing something regarding that very matter sometime early in the year. But then, you know Rumors.

SEH first term out of the Academy. Holy Crap! For realz? Well, I see I am going to have to work on this. 2 MCGs. 5 Campaign ribbons (Mags, need Chrome for these) I will see what I can do there., wounded twice. Promoted to Baronet upon retirement. (Mags, prefer my hexes be on my homeworld if possible). That is I believe where they go, so I don't see a problem there. Though I need to know how you got promoted since I have some annoying House Rules regarding Social and Nobility and Fiefs. Then there is this too:
...There are a class of the nobility known as the Elevators. The Elevator is a member of the Peerage, usually Barons or Marquises elevated for their actions in the Imperial Armed Forces. They are generally known as either no BS, brutally honest and mildly tactless persons or they are very skilled and dangerous hustlers. The military nobles tend to have a bit more leeway to be blunt than is normally accepted due to the nature of "the Services". Generally the blunt will be Barons and Marquises and the political will be Viscounts or better.

Still need to equip, and pick my free weapon. Guidance from HI&RM on this choice would be appreciated. Well you can not take your Disintegrator Rifle, that belongs to the Commandos. In fact we probably shouldn't be discussing those [SECRET] Weapons issued while you were on Active Duty. Seriously, pretty much anything TL-F or less ought not be a problem, and yes if you could keep it to sidearms that would be cool. HI&RM isn't too keen on FGMP-17s going out the door no matter how qualified you are to use them. (Though exceptions have been made.) Perhaps a Laser or Gauss weapon? Or a really super snazzy Slug Thrower?
And just a few posts here regarding the Royal Armed Forces.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:06 AM
Baron

Small Starburst Setting: On Nobility and Landless Grants.

I thought I better get this up and on e-paper soonest, as I already had one person get Elevated to Baronet.

First off, when a character is not in the Noble Career and receives a C6 +1 they are not automatically Elevated to a Noble Title and Rank, that is what the Noble Career is for.

The C6 +1 is merely a jump in your Social Standing, you are treated as you are the almost equal of whatever your new C6 is. For example if you are say, a Marine and get a C6 +1 (with a new C6 = B) on Personal Development during your Career are not Knighted, but you do get an Official Posting, such as say Appointed as Aide de Camp to General Velinsino, RM (Treat as Fame +1) and may get a Landless Grant (Referee's Discretion. See below for functioning of Landless Grants). You are treated as if you were the same Social Standing as a Knight, but are not given the Precedence of a Knight in Court or State Functions, such as Embassy Dinners (Knights will be announced and seated before you).

Another possibility is that the Character is elected or otherwise Appointed by their Homeworld to the Imperial Senate and becomes a Imperial Senator with the traditional Landless Grant (KCr 15/year). {Yes, my ATU does have an Imperial Senate, so CT Adventure 1 is okay in this House. Indeed, somewhere quite possibly, there is an Imperial Senator being held unlawfully on an Imperial Navy Prison Barge...}

For the Nobles, if you receive a C6 +1 in Personal Development, you are not Elevated to the next Title or Rank. Instead you are Appointed to an Imperial or Royal Office (worked out by the Referee and the Player) and given a Landless Grant of KCr 15/year (for as long as the character hold the Office). You also gain Fame +2 when it comes to using the Personals. The Office and Grant are non-transferable and can not be passed on to Heirs as a Title and Land Grant can be. So while you do get boned on the Title and Land, you do get a some nice bennies.

An example: William C. Hesh, Baronet of Heridis ([FS 1128] C 745 744-B Ni Pa Ht {0} (3670) [4459] Bc S 800 NIL Settlers RU 126) rolls C6 +1 on his Personal Development, he is not Elevated to Baron. Instead he is Appointed to the Imperial Starport Authority Office of Warden of Heridis Highport and given a Landless Grant worth KCr 15/year as a Salary which comes out of the starport's Sophont Resources (Executive) budget. Also of course he probably gets free fuel for any spacecraft he may use or own, free lodging in the starport's high end facilities and of course free food at the starport's restaurants. He may not transfer the Office or the Landless Grant and if he decides to quit his Office, he loses the Official Title of Starport Warden and his Landless Grant is reduced to KCr 7/year (but that KCr 7 is for the rest of the his life).

Also, see this post here for Social and what it means.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: Social Errata Post.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
Baron

Arrow [Referee] Some more answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomeGnome View Post
I was running through the CharGen a second time with the T5 Big Book of Door-Stopping (making what turned out to be the Universe's Luckiest Scout) and noticed my screw-ups vis-a-vis Risk/Reward, Skills, &c. I will correct them once I get some sleep, if that happens.

I think I will swap out Sophontology and plug in Archaeology, and then (possibly) monkey around with some different Minors (Psychology, Psycho-History, &c).

"St. Summerfield's" is a dork reference to this.
Sounds good to me. I can wait, gives me more time to figure out what to do with two Scholars and a Royal Marine. None of whom has voted in the Poll at the beginning of this post asking what sort of game the Players would like me to run. Hint, not so sub-tle hint!

Well, if any of this makes it to print, which is part of the objective here, fair warning, that St. Summerfield thing might need some altering as I don't have access to Her Majesty's Crown Courts like say some rather large international broadcasting system. Not that I don't like the show, having come on just before the Doctor with my birthday (who I knew first as a Doctor of Veterinarian Medicine).

Now on the House of Martel's submission...

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:03 AM
Baron

Arrow [Referee] On your Homeworld, Areri.

Quote:
Birthworld: How about [FS 2427] Homagatu C 340 223-7? It's listed with no TCs at all, but its characteristics seem to make it De He Lo Po Mi. Just the kind of place I want to get my butt away from...
That would be because the Referee had not yet entered the data from the TravellerMap.com text file into the DataBase yet and thus has to work all that out. So, let us get right to that.

[FS 2427] Homagatu C 340 223-7 De He Lo Po Co {-2} (8160) [1059] B S A 600 Ic Primary M1 V, Close BD, Near M4 VI, NIL Transients, RU 48, Std G = 0.5, Homeworld Skills: (De) Survival-1, (He) Hostile Environment-1, (Lo) Flyer 0 (Knowledge)-1, and (Po) Steward-1.

Yep, I would think that should do you fine.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC