Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old January 8th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Greylond Citizen
Default [Random Campaign Idea]One-Alpha-Charlie, One-Alpha-Charlie...

I've been watching a lot of Adam-12 on episodes on NetFlix lately and had a random thought for a Traveller Campaign, or at least for some NPCs...

"One-Alpha-Charlie" is the call sign for a System Patrol Ship and the Pilot and Co-Pilot lead officers. The Officers patrol their home system dealing with various citizens and visitors to every place from the primary Starport to minor colonies on outer planets and/or moons. Belters' disputes and dealing with those pesky, uppity Free Traders who jump into the system looking to dump some cargo that they bought on speculation.

Comm System suddenly comes to life, "One Alpha Charlie, One Alpha Charlie - see the belter at GG-Trailing Trojan #362 about a claim jumper... Code Two..."

"One Alpha Charlie, One Alpha Charlie, possible smuggler has just entered system at Jump Point AACN25..."

"One Alpha Charlie, One Alpha Charlie, Free Trader hijacked by escaped prisoners doing a hard burn for jump limit. Handle Code Three..."

I think I'm going to at least work this up as a thought exercise as a way to come up with some ideas for Customs/Police Ship Crewman that my players may encounter...
\" . . . you know frankly, going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy baggage behind.\" <br /><br />Jed Babbin, March 2003<br />Former Deputy Under-Secretary of Defense for George H. W. Bush

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.