Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old August 31st, 2017, 11:00 AM
Citizen: SOC-11

Gallery : 0
Visit MichaelSTee's Blog
MichaelSTee has disabled reputation
Default Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday to Spartan159!

And also Happy Birthday To me! Today I turn 58. Which means I've done exactly 10 terms in Traveller-speak.
Let me see if I can break these down into Traveller 4-year terms more or less (no particular version).

I certainly didn't get any default level of Computer when I was 18. My tech level was too low for that.
(Grew up in Mississippi, a backwater world. Just a bit behind the times, then and now.)
-- 1 term in College. Didn't graduate, didn't learn much. Actually more like half a term, then spent the other half as a Drifter.
-- 3 terms as Citizen (Laborer). Worked at a warehouse.
Did become a Supervisor in the last term, so I must have made a promotion roll. Hated the management part.
But I did go back to school during that last term and started learning useful stuff.
-- Then 6 terms as Technician (Programmer). Working with direct mail, then lottery-related systems. Still there now.

In my 5th term (1st term as a programmer), I had a heart attack - at least I didn't die during char gen. (Not yet at least.)
So I either did poorly in a Survival roll, or I had a bad result on the Events table, depends on which version of rules.
On the flip side, that term I also married the most amazing woman. So that more than balanced out.

Still married to the wonderful gal. And I'm going to DragonCon this weekend with the grandson!

I don't think I'll muster out to be an adventurer. I'd rather retire; just don't know when I'll be able to.
Ah well. I can always be a Traveller in my mind.

To the stars!
Count Ishiri (Dene 1429), Baronet Jae (Jae Tellona/Spin 2814), Baronet Ambossa (Reft 0410), Knight of the Iridium Throne (Seku/Core 2312), Sir Michael (Lir/Core 2720), Accidentally made Knight of the 3I (Efate/Spin 1705), MCG for Conspicuous Gallantry

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.