Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old June 11th, 2017, 02:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 1
Visit Spenser TR's Blog
Spenser TR Citizen
Default Imperial Uniforms - which agencies/groups have them?

In your Traveller universe some orgs have uniforms, yes? I assume the military services do - perhaps several varieties of duty/service/dress uniforms depending on posting, climate, rank, and occasion.

After this, maybe it gets a little hazy.

IMTU, the Scouts have a duty uniform and a dress uniform, the former in many variations and worn much less often and with less, er, uniformity than the military services. Somehow, they always manage to be identifiable as Scouts with a cover here, a set of trousers there, an affixed insignia on an aloha shirt, or whatever.

Nobles in my TU have dress "uniforms," but these vary from house to house, inspired by some reading in the excellent GT Nobles supplement.

After this... hazy. Who has a recognizable uniform in your Traveller universe - SPA? IMOJ? Some of the bureaucratic services?

I'm not so much looking for pics of uniforms as I am wanting to hear what you think. Who has uniforms? What kind? As usual with the culture thing I imagine this breaks down into some blend of Yanks and Brits in space... but maybe not.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Emerson

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.