Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old November 15th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
77topaz Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDilbert View Post
Looks great!

If I may be so bold, I would like to propose a new function: A possibility to set a configurable limit to Pop and TL.

All the worlds generated with population rivalling the entire Imperium or extremely high TL doesn't really fit the classic Traveller sectors.

A max TL would save a lot of time editing TLs for the Referee with a specific campaign in mind.
It may be worth using something analogous to the "Settlement" option of the the Zhodani Base's random subsector generator.
Old November 25th, 2018, 02:02 AM

Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen

Art, SectorMaker definitely has sped up my system creation, but I am getting some weird results when it comes to primary and planet characteristics. One example would be two Dwarf stars in a binary system with habitable zones. Another is an M7 with a tidally locked planet that has a dense atmosphere and is a water world. That one just does not compute. I will have to see if that is a problem with the T5 star system generator. Right now, I am putting the planets where I want them, with the characteristics that I want, and figure that I will correct the Stellar type in writing up the planet description.
Do you have a security clearance? 1 Dec. Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.

Last edited by timerover51; November 25th, 2018 at 04:01 PM..
Old November 25th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 4
agorski Citizen+agorski Citizen+

Those sound possible to me, but that's the way the rules are.

When you generate a world, first take a look at the stellar data and if you don't like it you can just delete it and make a new one before you do other edits.
Old November 25th, 2018, 04:00 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
Those sound possible to me, but that's the way the rules are.

When you generate a world, first take a look at the stellar data and if you don't like it you can just delete it and make a new one before you do other edits.
I had not thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

I also need to spend some time computing how long a year would be on some of the distance planets orbiting an O, B, or A class star. Those years are going to be quite long, with implications as to the length of summer and winter depending on the axial tilt.
Do you have a security clearance? 1 Dec. Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.