Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:32 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
jchurchill Citizen
An idea inspired by the colony thread....maybe it's time for professional help.

This thread inspired me a short while ago to draft a double adventure --well 1/2 of one so far.

A Liner carrying the Imperial Women's Professional Golf Association is forced to land on a remote jungle planet ...the liner is presumed lost. Forward 30 to 40 years and the present day. The IWPGA has now reverted back to a barbarian state [use the Barbarian table in Citizens Supp. 4] of lesbian tribes roaming the planet, armed with titanium golf clubs [cudgel +1 or 2 depending]. The original Liner crew of males has been used to create new generations...the old and the sick men are quietly beaten to death with 9 irons when they can no longer serve the tribe. The liner's distress transponder still functions ever so faintly.....

Throw in a few volcanoes and some of Jame's dinosaurs and off we go. Dinosaurs, lesbians in fur bikinis, human sacrifice....good family fun for the Traveller adventurer. I think of it as "Lord of the Flies meets late night Cinemax"

I'm still toying with titles but "Lesbian Cavegirls of Planet 547-389" is the working title... Any suggestions.

The artwork will be tasteful and restrained in keeping with the Traveller tradition. [for an example see the merchant prince pullout in JTAS [the female passenger in line]
Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:32 PM

jchurchill Citizen
An idea inspired by the colony thread....maybe it's time for professional help.

This thread inspired me a short while ago to draft a double adventure --well 1/2 of one so far.

A Liner carrying the Imperial Women's Professional Golf Association is forced to land on a remote jungle planet ...the liner is presumed lost. Forward 30 to 40 years and the present day. The IWPGA has now reverted back to a barbarian state [use the Barbarian table in Citizens Supp. 4] of lesbian tribes roaming the planet, armed with titanium golf clubs [cudgel +1 or 2 depending]. The original Liner crew of males has been used to create new generations...the old and the sick men are quietly beaten to death with 9 irons when they can no longer serve the tribe. The liner's distress transponder still functions ever so faintly.....

Throw in a few volcanoes and some of Jame's dinosaurs and off we go. Dinosaurs, lesbians in fur bikinis, human sacrifice....good family fun for the Traveller adventurer. I think of it as "Lord of the Flies meets late night Cinemax"

I'm still toying with titles but "Lesbian Cavegirls of Planet 547-389" is the working title... Any suggestions.

The artwork will be tasteful and restrained in keeping with the Traveller tradition. [for an example see the merchant prince pullout in JTAS [the female passenger in line]
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:03 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Vargas Citizen
Uh, I think I'll pass on that. . .fascinating concept and instead offer up this:

"Shoe Salesmen of the Spinward Main/Imperial Idol"

(the last a la American Idol)

=)
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:03 PM

Vargas Citizen
Uh, I think I'll pass on that. . .fascinating concept and instead offer up this:

=)
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:21 PM

jchurchill Citizen

============================================
This sounds like high adventure indeed.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:21 PM

jchurchill Citizen

============================================
This sounds like high adventure indeed.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:52 PM

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
Worlds of Adventure writen by Gary Gygax and Marc W. Miller dialogue:

Playing Travveller

GG: I roll a d20 and get 18
MM: it's a 3d6 to make the jump and you need 8+ with your dex acting as an inhibator for the planet's gravity well, take the size UPP and divide by 2...
GG: So...
MM: [pulling out a calculator]: You fall. But, don't worry maybe next time you will survive the Chargen...

Playing ADD

GG: In front of you there is a huge Ancient Red Dragon sleeping upon a mountain of treasure. One eye slow opens and begins to utter an incantation.
MM: Ah, Dracos Terribis, a carnivore native to this planet, if I am not mistaken the element Au seem to be in plentiful quantities here. So I turn on my translator and reverse the incantation back to the creature while adjusting by grav belt to avoid the breath attack.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:52 PM

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
Worlds of Adventure writen by Gary Gygax and Marc W. Miller dialogue:

Playing Travveller

GG: I roll a d20 and get 18
MM: it's a 3d6 to make the jump and you need 8+ with your dex acting as an inhibator for the planet's gravity well, take the size UPP and divide by 2...
GG: So...
MM: [pulling out a calculator]: You fall. But, don't worry maybe next time you will survive the Chargen...

Playing ADD

GG: In front of you there is a huge Ancient Red Dragon sleeping upon a mountain of treasure. One eye slow opens and begins to utter an incantation.
MM: Ah, Dracos Terribis, a carnivore native to this planet, if I am not mistaken the element Au seem to be in plentiful quantities here. So I turn on my translator and reverse the incantation back to the creature while adjusting by grav belt to avoid the breath attack.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old September 22nd, 2003, 07:24 PM

kaladorn Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by secretagent:
The original Liner crew of males has been used to create new generations...the old and the sick men are quietly beaten to death with 9 irons when they can no longer serve the tribe.
You sure it wouldn't be the 'thumping wedge'?

Quote:

I'm sure I've seen this on some late night TV show... something about an Avacado Jungle jumps to mind or a Lost Empire...

I prefer "Cavegirls of the Planet 36-24-34" It has the same number of digits....

For my Submission:

"Double Adventure Eleventy-Seventy Seven Slash B and Slash C: Adventures in Imperial Bureaucratic Process (Shipbuilding Permit) and (Permit to Own and Operate Battledress)"

Unrelated shocking discovery:
I noticed an interesting bit of canon in Annic Nova.... 100,000 credits to register a ship. WOW!
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
Old September 22nd, 2003, 07:24 PM

kaladorn Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by secretagent:
The original Liner crew of males has been used to create new generations...the old and the sick men are quietly beaten to death with 9 irons when they can no longer serve the tribe.
You sure it wouldn't be the 'thumping wedge'?

Quote:

I'm sure I've seen this on some late night TV show... something about an Avacado Jungle jumps to mind or a Lost Empire...

I prefer "Cavegirls of the Planet 36-24-34" It has the same number of digits....

For my Submission:

"Double Adventure Eleventy-Seventy Seven Slash B and Slash C: Adventures in Imperial Bureaucratic Process (Shipbuilding Permit) and (Permit to Own and Operate Battledress)"

Unrelated shocking discovery:
I noticed an interesting bit of canon in Annic Nova.... 100,000 credits to register a ship. WOW!
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"