Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old January 18th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
I see you mixted the rules in core book and Cloudships & Gunboats (I've founs my old copy), as the accomodation and armor rules are for the latter...

Am I right in this?

If so (and assuming I should/can redesign it), should I merge both too (as making it according C&G and adding the ether part)?

Again, if so, my guess is that payload is only 80% of nominal weight (displacement?), as it needs to reach very high alttitude to engage the ether propeller...
Nope. I mixed Ironclads & Ether Flyers with Sky Galleons.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
I think two whole pages would probably be too much to post, but I can probably paraphrase it much shorter. Will do later this afternoon.
I wish you would reconsider playing. I feel my PC had a bit to much to do with this. Also Rover. This could be a great way to get to know all concerned better.

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Spinward Marches, Five Sisters, 0133 B564500-B
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:36 PM

Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Nope. I mixed Ironclads & Ether Flyers with Sky Galleons.
I think you mentioned "room and board" was covered. As well as ammo. What do I need to spend 50Ł on. When we get to Venus are we on our own or still working for the Queen?

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladika View Post
I think you mentioned "room and board" was covered. As well as ammo. What do I need to spend 50Ł on.
Personal clothes and everyday items treated to resist the Venusian climate. A watch designed for the Venusian day. Stuff to swap for local riches (Just think what a local (human) prospector would swap for a tin of canned peaches). Your favorite luxuries. (There could be some overlap of the last two categories).

Hans
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

It's a mission. A specified survey, round trip. Get there, do the survey, get back. Preferably alive.

The ammo allowance isn't spectacular, and you still need to own the weapon.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
It's a mission. A specified survey, round trip. Get there, do the survey, get back. Preferably alive.

The ammo allowance isn't spectacular, and you still need to own the weapon.
So spare ammo. And if you're smart, you'll get together with the other expedition members beforehand and make sure your weapons all use the same ammunition as far as practical. Reduce the number of different kinds of ammunition as much as possible.

Hans
Old January 18th, 2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
So spare ammo. And if you're smart, you'll get together with the other expedition members beforehand and make sure your weapons all use the same ammunition as far as practical. Reduce the number of different kinds of ammunition as much as possible.
Hans
Yeah, when Badger was still on we turned out both characters independently but very much the same, right down the typical Western weapons for cowboys. The .44-40 cartridge used in both the six gun and carbine. Uncanny, but then I guess we both like the old West and grew up watching the same shows and movies. (Proof media brainwashes?)

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Old January 18th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Peer of the Realm

Thanos Citizen

Quote:
Yeah, when Badger was still on we turned out both characters independently but very much the same, right down the typical Western weapons for cowboys. The .44-40 cartridge used in both the six gun and carbine. Uncanny, but then I guess we both like the old West and grew up watching the same shows and movies. (Proof media brainwashes?)
You'd think. For our break from DnD I proposed a western RPG and out of seven guys, I was the only one who liked westerns.
Old January 18th, 2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
You'd think. For our break from DnD I proposed a western RPG and out of seven guys, I was the only one who liked westerns.
Are all your players liberals?

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Old January 18th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Are all your players liberals?
Let's avoid political commentary - and that qualifies.

Of my available 10 or so players, only 1 I know likes westerns, and 2 haven't derided them to some degree. Me, I don't much care for them, either... I was almost forced to watch Bonanza. And Gunsmoke.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene