Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old July 8th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Default Healing serious wounds without a hospital

The last bit of the jigsaw before my next CT outing.

A PC is seriously injured on a low TL world - poor Bod 777 got bashed up a bit and ended up as 001.

Three hours later he awakes at 111 and begins looking for help having been left for dead.

By rules as written he is 111 for the rest of his life - or at least until he fails an gaing throw and dies. Yet in the real world people do recover from serious wounds, but often with consequences.

Then the solution hit me - aging throws. I prefer to use rules already in the book where possible even if I have to re-task them.

What if you use an aging throw as a save to begin recovering a characteristic?

After a period of time make the age save and your stat goes to halfway between wounded and full, fail and it stays at 1.
On the second throw for each stat if you made the first and you make the second your charcteristic will recover fully.
If you make the first and fail the second the stat is stuck at the reduced level until high TL medicine intervenes - mechanical or biological replacement of damaged bits.
If you fail the first and then make the second you raise the characteristic to halfway. You get a third roll to see if you continue to heal to full or you are stuck at the half characteristic
If you fail the first and you fail the second then an aging crisis occurs - roll 8+ or die.
Succeed and you get a third roll etc.

Each period can be randomised to 5x1D days, medical skill, low TL native medicine stuff like that could provide DMs to aid healing; exertion, lack of even basic medical treatment etc could provide DMs to hinder healing.

Thoughts, feedback, other ideas all welcome.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.