Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller: The New Era

Traveller: The New Era Discussion on Traveller: The New Era

Old September 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 4
Antony Citizen
Default Meson/PA Concussion and Blast Radius

In the Regency Combat Vehicle Guide the Imperial Meson Sled is fitted with a TL15 3m long 663Mj Meson Gun. The stats for this weapon give it a Concussion Rating and Burst Radius at each range band.

Does anyone know how these stats were generated? I can find nothing in any of the books or errata that I have seen.

It would also be useful to be able to work out the same things for PAs and large lasers used in the artillery roles. Any ideas?

I think I have worked out the formulas for Meson Guns
For concussion it appears to be 0.002x(DV^2) where DV is the weapons Damage value at that range and
For burst radius it appears to be 0.1xDV if this is so then the burst radius rating for medium range in the Regency Combat Vehicle book is too high.
What do people think?

Last edited by Antony; September 30th, 2008 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: A possible eureka moment!

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.