Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In the OTU

In the OTU In the Official Traveller Universe. Any milieux that's been published in any edition. Not for discussion of rules except in reference to how they reflect the OTU

Old May 20th, 2020, 02:52 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
BackworldTraveller Citizen
Question 1st Duke of Regina

When was the 1st Duke of Regina granted the title?

The 11th was in 967 and the county was moved to the (newly created) Duke of Rhylanor in 522.

At 25-30 years per generation it would imply about 710 at the latest, 667 on average and 620 at the earliest. So Arbellatra, Zhakirov or Margaret I...My guess would be Arbellatra in the 630s for support in 2nd Frontier War, but does anyone know?
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

According the history of the 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment, as explained in SMC page 38 and in JTAS 9 pages 12-13, Baron Caranda of Regima was a steadfast ruporter of Aldimral hault-Plankwall and his Imerial policies duting 1st Frontier War.

After Abellatra's victory in 2nd Frontier war, when she left for the Core, she left several nobles in charge of the Marches, Caranda among them (with some Mariens that forned the ccadre for the 4518th).

When Abellatra was procalimed Regent, she rewarded Caranda support by making him Marquis of Regina, in 622.

the most revelant part fpr your question though:

Quote:
Marquis Caranda attended the coronation ceremonies for Abellatra in 629, and received his patent as a Grand and Noble Duke of the Imperium from her hand personally the next day
So, the Duke of Regina exists from this date, in 629.

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old May 21st, 2020, 09:56 AM
Count

Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackworldTraveller View Post
When was the 1st Duke of Regina granted the title?

The 11th was in 967 and the county [of Regina ?] was moved to the (newly created) Duke of Rhylanor in 522.

What is your source for this?

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count RhovanionSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FSir Richard, Knight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Sir Richard Elruinn, Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
Richard Elruinn Rhovanion (TAS Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Viscount of AlellSPIN 1706 Alell B56789CA
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Link: Traveller5 Noble Patents Registry

Last edited by whulorigan; May 21st, 2020 at 11:19 AM..
Old May 21st, 2020, 10:57 AM

Thanks, Exactly what I needed.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulorigan View Post
What is your source for this?
Final Paragraph, Wiki, "Regina (world)".
This paragraph is not specifically attributed, so where that came from is anyone's guess.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 12:28 PM

Gallery : 3
GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++

Quote:
This paragraph is not specifically attributed, so where that came from is anyone's guess.
There's a lot of Hans Ranke original material in the wiki entries for the Marches. In the case of Regina, most of the History section is a serial collaboration between Glenn Goffin and Hans. See the Metadata tag near the bottom of the page for Hans' explanation. The Ducal detail may or may not be some of it, though. There is a MegaTraveller interview with Norris that may be a reference for some details.

Quote:
the county was moved to the (newly created) Duke of Rhylanor in 522.
Counties are rarely that large, or are you referring to the chain of command?

"Alright. Where did that Beaker get a cred stick?"
(Website down until further notice)

Last edited by GypsyComet; May 22nd, 2020 at 12:54 PM..
Old May 22nd, 2020, 04:05 PM
Count

Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

Quote:
The 11th [Duke] was in 967 and the county [of Regina ?] was moved to the (newly created) Duke of Rhylanor in 522.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyComet View Post
There's a lot of Hans Ranke original material in the wiki entries for the Marches. In the case of Regina, most of the History section is a serial collaboration between Glenn Goffin and Hans. See the Metadata tag near the bottom of the page for Hans' explanation. The Ducal detail may or may not be some of it, though. There is a MegaTraveller interview with Norris that may be a reference for some details.
I would like to in-line cite and/or footnote the reference on the "Nobles of Regina" page on the Wiki. I could simply attribute it to Hans, but I would prefer it be a little more certain before I do so. I will look into it, but if anyone finds a definite attribution somewhere, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyComet View Post
Counties are rarely that large, or are you referring to the chain of command?
Or is it that the "County of Regina" was supposedly granted as a subsidiary title to the Duke of Rhylanor upon his elevation? Either way I am not certain of the origin.

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count RhovanionSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FSir Richard, Knight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Sir Richard Elruinn, Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
Richard Elruinn Rhovanion (TAS Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Viscount of AlellSPIN 1706 Alell B56789CA
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Link: Traveller5 Noble Patents Registry
Old May 22nd, 2020, 05:32 PM

Question

On a related note...the Duchy of Regina includes the Paya Cluster...Is that all the way to Macene, just to Kinorb, or just to Inthe?
The Duchy of Rhylanor description suggests that it has all the Rhylanor and some Lanth worlds. My take is that Regina stops at Inthe. Am I correct?
Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:52 PM

GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++

Quote:
On a related note...the Duchy of Regina includes the Paya Cluster...Is that all the way to Macene, just to Kinorb, or just to Inthe?
The Duchy of Rhylanor description suggests that it has all the Rhylanor and some Lanth worlds. My take is that Regina stops at Inthe. Am I correct?
The only time the borders are precise is when every subsector has a Duke. Subsectors without one can be administered by an adjacent Duke with the understanding that if a Duke is appointed there the neighbor loses his primacy, though probably not his economic ties. You'll also see subsectors split between multiple adjacent Dukes.

Old May 22nd, 2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulorigan View Post
I would like to in-line cite and/or footnote the reference on the "Nobles of Regina" page on the Wiki. I could simply attribute it to Hans, but I would prefer it be a little more certain before I do so. I will look into it, but if anyone finds a definite attribution somewhere, please let me know.
Looking at Hans' first edit of the Regina page in 2007, he actually flagged all of that history he added as Non-canon, and kept insisting on that label. I don't see a Nobles section added under his name.