Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > CotI Website Issues

CotI Website Issues This is the place to let us know if you are having any problems or questions with the features available on the CotI website.

Old May 5th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
snrdg082102 Citizen+snrdg082102 Citizen+

Hello aramis,

Thank you for placing the section of my topic post of T20 THB World Development Step 4 Climate & T20 World Mapthat dealt with not being able to use the quote feature in Win 7 to the appropriate forum.

An small addition is that I also, but not to the extent I am now, experienced the quote feature not working in Windows XP.
Old May 5th, 2016, 09:13 AM

Morning PDT Otto Harkaman,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
I noticed the thread about using the multi-quote button which I did here and it doesn't seem to have multi-quoted.

Edit: I never noticed the multi-quote option before, is it by default multi-quoting? I noticed when I click on it, it turns run and shows a minus sign.
The Quote button to my knowledge when replying to a page with a quote and a reply using the Quote button opens the reply window with only the reply and not the quoted section.

IIRC the multi-quote button has been on the page for as long as I've been posting, I joined back on Aug. 21, 2002, and is for manually linking multiple quotes.
Old May 5th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 1
Otto Harkaman Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrdg082102 View Post
Morning PDT Otto Harkaman,

The Quote button to my knowledge when replying to a page with a quote and a reply using the Quote button opens the reply window with only the reply and not the quoted section.

IIRC the multi-quote button has been on the page for as long as I've been posting, I joined back on Aug. 21, 2002, and is for manually linking multiple quotes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snrdg082102 View Post
Hello aramis,

Thank you for placing the section of my topic post of T20 THB World Development Step 4 Climate & T20 World Mapthat dealt with not being able to use the quote feature in Win 7 to the appropriate forum.

An small addition is that I also, but not to the extent I am now, experienced the quote feature not working in Windows XP.
Oh I see now so that you can quote different postings, I never saw or realized what it was before.

Are you using the same type of browser on both Win7 and WinXP? I think you said Firefox? I still think it is a browser issue or a combination of the interaction of the bulletin board and the browser not the whole computer, but I could be wrong.

Again you can see it didn't include my quote from the other posting, just your reply.
Old May 5th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Count

Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

Quote:
Oh I see now so that you can quote different postings, I never saw or realized what it was before.

Are you using the same type of browser on both Win7 and WinXP? I think you said Firefox? I still think it is a browser issue or a combination of the interaction of the bulletin board and the browser not the whole computer, but I could be wrong.

Again you can see it didn't include my quote from the other posting, just your reply.
When I have had the problem, it has been on a Win7 machine using Firefox (although I seem to recall that I tried once using IE, and still had the problem). I have not discovered a pattern, just that sometimes when I try to quote it will open up a blank text-field without the quote(s). I have noticed that in some cases (thru experimentation) that if I am multi-quoting, sometimes removing one of the particular quotes in the multi-quote will solve the problem.

So I am thinking that maybe certain quotes have a certain character/code or something in the field that the browser does not like; removing the particular quote with the offending character/code solves the problem.

But I unfortunately do not know what the character/code that causes the problem is.

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count RhovanionSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FSir Richard, Knight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Sir Richard Elruinn, Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
Richard Elruinn Rhovanion (TAS Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Viscount of AlellSPIN 1706 Alell B56789CA
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Link: Traveller5 Noble Patents Registry
Old May 5th, 2016, 11:09 AM

Hello again Otto Harkaman

Quote:

Thak you for the reply.

I took a while to catch on to the feature of quote and multiple quotes way back when.

In Windows XP the browser being used was Internet Explorer (IE). I have both the latest IE and Firefox browsers on my Windows 7 computer. I'm using Firefox because IE and my ISP's web site do not like playing with each other. The intermittent problem has occurred in both browsers. From experience and advise from the gent who is in the business of building computers for a living most of the other browsers do not like me and cause all sorts of havoc. With IE not playing well I've been using Firefox mainly for replies on the forums.
Old May 5th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
testing, interesting, I attempted to quote the whole other post but it didn't include the other quote. Browser can't include quotes within quotes?
Board strips quotes when quoting. Manually, it's doable.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu dt f+ fs++ ge ih- inf j jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old May 5th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 1
Otto Harkaman Citizen

Thanks for the clarification Aramis