Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller

T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller Discussion of T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller from Imperium Games and the Milieu 0 setting.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 05:21 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 1
Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen
Send a message via MSN to AndreaV Send a message via Yahoo to AndreaV
Default Anybody still playing M0

Like it says on the can, is anybody still running games set in M0 (regardless of ruleset)?

I still run a game set in the Ley/Fornast sectors (and yes I still use T4 rules too).
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM

Gallery : 0
warwizard Citizen

Not me, I run a pre interstellar war period, but do use T4 and FF&S 2 custom designs for all Terran equipmemt. Imperial designs get whatever cannon sourses I can find, and the imperials get ONE innovation for the entire period: Fighters.
With this campaign the Terrans start out at TL 9 (progressing rapidly) and the imperials at TL 11 (enforced stagnation).
At TL 9 starship operations are, ahem, somewhat challenging. Just getting to orbit takes 6 hours with an antigrav unit, or 20 minutes with a strap on million ton liquid fuelled rocket booster. once in orbit you can fire up your expermental Fusion Rocket or your Daedaelus drive or Bussard ram to get to 100d for jump.

IMTU tc !23 mgt- mt+ TNE+ T4++ T20- T5 ?T5LBB ?tp tg-- ?th ?to ru ge++ !3i+ c++ jt- au+ ls- pi+,-- ta- he+ ?kk ?hi as dr ?ith ?vr ?ne vg+ So++ Zh- Vi-- da Sy
*all non So humaniti are much closer related to Homo Nethanderalis than are So, and are immediately recognizable to So as "cavemen" complete with fur and the other morphological characteristics that were unimportant to Grandfather's need for a better servant
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:42 PM
Count

Visit Ackehece's Blog
Ackehece Citizen+Ackehece Citizen+
Send a message via Skype™ to Ackehece

planning a M0 campaign right after I run the "Traveller Adventure" t5 style.

Deacon Wil Alberich
Count Fenris
SolRim 1830 Fenris AA98969-E
1st Sea Lord Roderick Wystan
Knight Defender of Qevar
Deneb 0731 Qevar A4326AE-E
Anything I post here related to Traveller is open to reuse by and for Traveller,
FFE and others who deal with Traveller Universe
with no expectation of remuneration or even credit (though some credit would be nice)
Duke of Inarli
Duke of the Third Imperium
Corr 2137 Inarli B677989-C

Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:17 PM

Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen

Well hopefully soon Jeff will publish my "write up" of my M0 setting.
Old June 4th, 2012, 04:10 AM

E.D.Quibell Citizen

My ATU uses a simmilar setting to M0, although it was more of a twilight than a long night.

Regards,

Ewan
Old June 17th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

oldgamergeek Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewmv View Post
Like it says on the can, is anybody still running games set in M0 (regardless of ruleset)?

I still run a game set in the Ley/Fornast sectors (and yes I still use T4 rules too).
Same here while, I admit T-4 had it's problems with errata it is no worse than many other games from that time period.

Last edited by oldgamergeek; June 17th, 2012 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: forget stuff
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:32 AM

Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgamergeek View Post
Same here while, I admit T-4 had it's problems with errata it is no worse than many other games from that time period.
T4 actually has some very interesting concepts in it and I've found it plays quickly. The much maligned task system works well (with the IHTIT rule) once you get used to the idea that the target doesn't change, just the number of dice. Even the hated half die can be made to work relatively easily. I find it a lot closer to CT than MT, TNE or even MgT.
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen

Milieu 0 is one of those great unrealized dreams of mine. Currently, planning something for Traveller Now. The world as we know it, Travellerized...had I not. I might give M:0 another kick at the can. Many good things can be said about the milieu just not the presentation of T4.

Wide open frontiers, power politics, squadrons who really go where no sophont has gone before or at least not for a very long time. Strange aliens. Great stuff.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:03 AM

Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka47 View Post
Milieu 0 is one of those great unrealized dreams of mine. Currently, planning something for Traveller Now. The world as we know it, Travellerized...had I not. I might give M:0 another kick at the can. Many good things can be said about the milieu just not the presentation of T4.

Wide open frontiers, power politics, squadrons who really go where no sophont has gone before or at least not for a very long time. Strange aliens. Great stuff.
The setting itself has huge potential. No longer do you have the huge 800 pound gorilla sitting stagnant surrounded by 500 pound gorillas. You've got Imperium light, Imperium dark, Imperium dry and Imperium extra crispy all around you. Dead worlds to explore, hot and cold running wars, politics galore, scouts actually scouting. Its one of the few era's you can realistically justify the classic traveller mercenary adventure.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewmv View Post
The setting itself has huge potential. No longer do you have the huge 800 pound gorilla sitting stagnant surrounded by 500 pound gorillas. You've got Imperium light, Imperium dark, Imperium dry and Imperium extra crispy all around you. Dead worlds to explore, hot and cold running wars, politics galore, scouts actually scouting. Its one of the few era's you can realistically justify the classic traveller mercenary adventure.
The blurb read that way. The maps didn't.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.