Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller

T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller Discussion of T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller from Imperium Games and the Milieu 0 setting.

Old May 28th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
bjjones37 Citizen

Hard SciFi implies hard science. To me at least is it is all a bit fuzzy. Spontaneous generation to evolution, steady-state to big bang. 60 million year old soft tissue in dinosaur bones. Lunar landers were supposed to get buried in 10 feet of cosmic dust. We were created, no we were evolved, no we were put here by aliens from outer space. It is a particle, no it's a wave, no it's a wavicle! Every couple of decades seems to bring its own set of absolute scientific directives. The only absolutes I have to been able to observe are the absolute opinions believed by those operating in scientific circles. Personally I have always felt that the role of science is to attempt to describe nature rather than define it. To that end, we can do our best to refine our descriptions of natural phenomenon, make them as consistent and predictable as possible. But nature is not a servant to obey our rules and laws. Thou shalt not defy gravity. Thou shalt not exceed the speed of light. Sounds like a religious document. Now the only truth I am certain of is that I do not know what the truth is. But if we keep telling ourselves we can never exceed the speed of light, we never will. I "believe" that we have barely scratched the surface of what nature is capable of. And if we keep our eyes open and stop passing laws about what nature can and cannot do, we might achieve more. That is my absolute opinion!
Old May 28th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

vegas Citizen

Or as the bard put it,

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Old May 28th, 2019, 11:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Grav_Moped Citizen

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!