Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old April 24th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 25
MCutter Citizen
Default Traveller 5 reached northern germany

It is real pleasure to send a note that I fetched Traveller 5 at my regional custom office.
But haggling with the tax clerk I fumbled my Admin skill check.

The clerk asked for a voucher/receipt to fix the tax. And I only could show him the bill of my kickstarter pledge. In his opinion I payed $340 for service and goods and received a book and a CD so I have to pay tax for this amount of money.

He explained that I have to pay only 39$ tax because the book has an estimated worth of 250$ and is only taxed 7% and the CD has an estimated worth 90$ and is taxed 22,5%. I was very close going through the roof.

Then he asked about the worth of the dice, the credit-cards and the foreign currency. I could persuade him that they have to be a gift or some advertising material because they are not listed in any of the papers. (Persuasion Skill check OK).

So I payed in the end 30 Euros but I think it is a good deal because I can now identify myself as member of TAS and Viscount of my favorite world.

I am excited like a child to open the book in a few moments listening to heroic music: http://youtu.be/GdKqbboCXSI
So thank you for Traveller 5 and for reading my adventures getting it.
MCutter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.