Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old May 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Citizen: SOC-5

Gallery : 0
Muzzlehead Citizen
Default Populating Mainworld hexes and the Terrain Chapter

I am currently working through the process of generating a Star System and Mainworld, down to the level of mapping out a particular World, Terrain, and Local Hex.

I am stuck on how to use the random generation system on populating a World/Terrain/ and Local Hexes (as defined on 459,461,463). The last page on each page reads "...When specific hexes are required, determine the specific locations using 2D.." In here lies the problem, I can not find a 2d6 chart to roll on for terrain.

I have been searching the T5 rules for the chart that lists "...The 36 Terrain Types are also identified by numbers using only the digits 1 through 6. The available numbers 11 through 66 can be generated randomly (when needed) using two dice... " or even the Terrain chapter itself as referenced on page 446.

I have scoured the rule book but I am still at a loss as how to generate terrain. I have located the Terrain Type (pg454) and Symbols (pg 455) but neither reference terrain by number for random selection during hex population. I have also noted the charts on pg 459, 461, and 463 but they all seem to apply to terrain that has already been populated.

Perhaps I am failing to see the obvious (or I am just dim witted) but I can not figure out where the random terrain chart is located or a chart/chapter where the "...specific effects of terrain are detailed in the Terrain chapter...", as per pg 446.

Any suggestions, advice, or comments (even on my dull mind) is appreciated.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.