Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old October 18th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Mako Citizen
Default Traveller D20 Resin Spaceships Now on E-Bay

So, if you are awaiting delivery of your Traveller Resin Spaceships you purchased, months ago, and in some cases, allegedly a year or more ago, it looks like they've appeared:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/d20-Entertai...wAAOSwl9BWGl~C

http://www.ebay.com/itm/d20-Entertai...IAAOSwI-BWGyu3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/d20-Entertai...UAAOSwwbdWGuKG

It seems they've been caught in a wormhole, and were rerouted to NobleKnightGames, for sale on eBay, instead of to your doorstep.

I've been waiting more than four months for a three item Traveller Spaceship set (the very ones, coincidentally that are on sale on eBay, at twice the price - hold onto your wallet, boys and girls) that I paid for back in mid-June, that were listed as "now shipping" back then, by Ken Whitman, here on CotI, and on his D20 Entertainment website. He again said they were shipping, and posted pics of them here on CotI in August, as proof they were available for sale, but I'm still waiting for mine.

I've filed a Paypal Claim, since it appears there is no intention of providing the promised good, in my personal opinion. I'm now even more convinced of that, given that they've been apparently sold a second time to a retail establishment. That is a good way to maximize cash flow, I guess.
Old October 18th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargr1 View Post
So, how did Noble Knight get these models when there are people who purchased them directly from Ken Whitman and d20 Entertainment who haven't received them?

Ken - can you shed some light on this?
Just a guess, but some large shops are both large and early supporters, so they may have ordered many at the start of the Kickstarter and their ships have arrived.

I only offer this because I remember identical complaints when a shop had the T5 Book and people were still waiting. The shop was a T5 Kickstarter supporter who ordered many and early and the orders were being filled in the order received.

So this might not be something sinister, it might be a sign that ships are shipping to kick starters. (I have no idea what the actual reason is, I was just offering an observation from recent history).
Old October 23rd, 2015, 07:25 PM

cuTTer Citizen
Default legals moves

Some of you may find this relevent.

http://www.tenkarstavern.com/2015/10...-are-next.html
Old October 26th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 10
Hyphen Citizen+Hyphen Citizen+

FWIW, I received a second Beowulf in the mail a few days ago. Maybe something's still churning along?
- Count Zuiar (Dagu 0705)- Starburst for Extreme Heroism - Pursuits at Alell
- Baroness Heidi Maria Heyerdahl, Tavonni (Spin 1520)- MCG - Final Victory at Emerald
- Baron Sii (Dagu 0932)TAS:
- Ritter of Tavonni (Spin 1520)- Bearer (Ley: Silver 0221); Bearer (Lish: Zemud 0212)
Coins:(#170) XO (Lt) FE Holmes, 154th BR Sq
(#222) PlatLdr (LtO2), 3P, ΔTrp (G-Tank), 2B (LI), 4518th(#282) XO (LtO2), ΒCo (J-Trp), 6B (JT), 4518th
Old October 27th, 2015, 04:04 AM

Mako Citizen

Glad to hear some people are finally receiving their ships.

I waited more that four months for mine, and finally pulled the plug, due to no unpainted, resin, Traveller ships sent (I paid for the three-item set), which were listed as "shipping" back in mid-June, and no e-mail responses to my inquiries about them, or responses here on CotI, either.

Thankfully, Paypal now permits disputes out to 180 days, so I was able to get my money back.

They said they'd still like to hear from others, even if you are beyond the 180 day dispute/claim window, since they do track complaints.

Sadly, you won't be able to get a refund beyond that period though, but it might help others.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

Gallery : 9
Tikon Citizen

I still haven't seen or received anything. Also wondering why Ken Whitman wants to add himself to my LinkedIn profile?
Old November 6th, 2015, 08:12 PM

madmike Citizen

So. there was a bubble wrap bag in my letter box on Wednesday when I got home from work.

A resin Type S Scout, 3/4 of the Gazelle class CE, the CE small craft and fourteen double turrets. Plenty of turrets there if some break I suppose. But WHERE is the bow, barbettes and triple turrets of the Gazelle?

Resin casting is average with some attempt to clean flash off. Where the bow connects on the Gazelle (Did I mention I have NO bow section?) there is a large pour block that can be removed neatly with a razor saw.

The Type S Scout is moulded from Ian Stead's square nose version but even so, it will need a lot of cleaning up as the pour block has been pretty badly located.

So for over A$200, I have 3/4 of a Gazelle and one complete Scout. Not what I paid that amount of money for Mr Whitman, not at all.

Outside of tabletop gaming, I build scale models and I can pour resin better than this.

Truly disappointed and not a little angry.

Clement Sector Setting
Ships of Clement Sector Series
Clement Sector: The Rules (CE based)
Wendy's Fleet Guides (For CE)
Hub Federation Navy (Updated for CE)
Hub Federation Ground Forces (Updated for CE)
21 Vehicles
Anderson and Felix Guide to Naval Architecture 2e
Optional Components

Ship Books
A2L Far Trader
Type A Free Trader
Type S Scout/Courier
Polixenes Class Courier (CE)

Spaceship Design Guide (CE)
Old November 9th, 2015, 04:15 AM

Mako Citizen

Can't really blame you, but on the plus side, at least you received something.

Given many of the stories, I'm just glad I got my money back in full, though I really would rather have had some of the models. However, incomplete, and poorly cast models aren't acceptable.

If you are within the 180 day Paypal window Mike, assuming you used that payment method, you can file a dispute, and/or claim, which might help you with your situation.

Rumor has it that Ken may have relocated to Atlanta, Georgia (per his Facebook page), from Kentucky, for those of you seeking redress through the small claims court process, and/or attorneys general..
Old November 9th, 2015, 04:28 AM

madmike Citizen

Unfortunately well outside of the 180 day cut-off as I ordered last year.

Oh well, I will start cleaning up the Type S and get it primed up ready for detail painting. Also need to make a display stand for it.

Clement Sector Setting
Ships of Clement Sector Series
Clement Sector: The Rules (CE based)
Wendy's Fleet Guides (For CE)
Hub Federation Navy (Updated for CE)
Hub Federation Ground Forces (Updated for CE)
21 Vehicles
Anderson and Felix Guide to Naval Architecture 2e
Optional Components

Ship Books
A2L Far Trader
Type A Free Trader
Type S Scout/Courier
Polixenes Class Courier (CE)

Spaceship Design Guide (CE)
Old November 9th, 2015, 04:54 AM

Mako Citizen

Sorry to hear that.

You should still let them know about your displeasure, since they told me they track complaints outside of the refund claims window as well. With enough of them, they might take some positive action to suspend his account.