Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old June 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 0
DonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM Awesome
Default CT: The Errata Compendium

"The original edition of Classic Traveller was released by Game Designers’ Workshop over thirty years, and enthusiastic play using the Classic editions (1977, 1981, 1982’s The Traveller Book, and 1983’s Starter Traveller) is still running strong. Far Future Enterprises wants to support this by collecting errata for these materials and making it available to the Traveller internet community."

This project has been approved by Marc, and he's already approved my first draft. The scope of it covers basically all items on the original FFE CT CD.

Moderator of the ct-starships mailing list
Official Traveller Errata Collector (CT/MT/TNE/T4/T20/MGT/T5)
Official Archivist of Digest Group Publications
T5 Forum Hall Monitor and FFE Minion

Last edited by DonM; July 22nd, 2009 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: file has been removed from COTI.
Old June 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Absent Friend

DonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM Awesome

I'd like to encourage folks to point me at additional items, and I'm aware of the Book 2 errata discussion. This is approved by Marc for FFE, and will be available for public download once completed.

Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited by DonM; June 14th, 2009 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: clarification.
Old June 14th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 2
Mithras Citizen

I am shocked and depressed that there are so many mistakes in my LLB 1-3 collection. I generally use errata, but with so many mistakes on the combat tables, they would have to be completely rewritten.

http://zozer.weebly.com/orbital.html
Old June 14th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Absent Friend

Or play without the errata. Certainly enough people have played with the LBBs as is for almost 30 years?

Old June 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM

saundby Citizen

Thanks, Don!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
This project has been approved by Marc, and he's already approved my first draft. The scope of it covers basically all items on the original FFE CT CD.
Should this also include data from pages that were left out of the original CT CD? Or are they going to be available separately?

I also see info for the 77 edition. I appreciate these since that's what I have in print, but it wasn't on my CT CD.
Old June 14th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

beowulf2044 Citizen

Just a question as it relates to Striker personal armor. I've never understood why Cloth and Flak Jacket and the Combat Enviroment Suit were dropped one level of protection from their Azanthi High Lightning levels (the CES does not appear in AZL, but with its original description of Cloth-1, AZL would have been at armor value 7, as opposed to Striker value 6), while every other armor remained the same as AZL. Was this done with intent? Or are we at that point in time where we'll never know?
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Absent Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundby View Post
Should this also include data from pages that were left out of the original CT CD? Or are they going to be available separately?

I also see info for the 77 edition. I appreciate these since that's what I have in print, but it wasn't on my CT CD.
No... this project is errata for the actual printed items, as originally released. Missing pages go to the CT CD topic.

And as far as making those pages available separately, if what you are looking for is NOT on http://www.farfuture.net/errata.html, let me know at don.mckinney@gmail.com, and I'll get with Marc on that issue.

But not in this Thread, please?

Old June 15th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Absent Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf2044 View Post
Just a question as it relates to Striker personal armor. I've never understood why Cloth and Flak Jacket and the Combat Enviroment Suit were dropped one level of protection from their Azanthi High Lightning levels (the CES does not appear in AZL, but with its original description of Cloth-1, AZL would have been at armor value 7, as opposed to Striker value 6), while every other armor remained the same as AZL. Was this done with intent? Or are we at that point in time where we'll never know?
We may be at the point where we will never know, but I can ask Marc, and I can also ask the opinion of the fine folks on the ct-striker list, where I go for my Striker advice.

Old June 15th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

beowulf2044 Citizen

Additional errata for The Traveller Book (1982): On page #46, the modifier for Dagger at Short Range is listed as +2. I believe this should be -1 as per its Book 1 1977 listing. If the modifier is raised to +2, then that makes the 200 mm Dagger more effective at Short Range than the 300 mm Blade.

On the same page, the damage for Body Pistol is listed as 3D. It should be 2D.

Last edited by beowulf2044; June 15th, 2009 at 12:32 AM..
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM

Vargas Citizen

Any chance that all the CT errata could be compiled into a single PDF downloadable from FFE?