Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Old April 30th, 2019, 01:44 AM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Smile Movement! Action!

[Bless you, Magnus, I was afraid that Frank was going to have to drag his companions out by the scruff of their necks! In fact, I just now logged on to attempt something along the lines of what you have just so neatly accomplished for us. ]

[Umm, what's an Edendextu? Local sophont, I'm assuming, but native here or a visitor like us Humans? Any suggestion where we might find a picture of one? Guess I'll go check Traveller Wiki...]

Frank steps forward to greet the clerk. "Yes, that was us. I actually sent you that message. I think first I'd like to see your best neuro-stunner pistol, please."

[Magnus, did you end up deciding the Neuro would have the best range, penetration, "damage," etc, since it is most advanced? Or are there equally advanced sonics? I remember posting a bunch of my late-night thoughts on pros and cons of the various stunner types, but don't recall your decision, if any. Guess I'd better go OOC and look.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old May 6th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Frank steps forward to greet the clerk. "Yes, that was us. I actually sent you that message. I think first I'd like to see your best neuro-stunner pistol, please."
[Since the clerk hasn't responded...]
Frank moves over to the displayed items that the clerk had indicated as being selected in response to his message. He picks out and examines the best quality neuro-stunner pistol that he sees [can he touch it and pick it up, or is there a barrier?], and evaluates whether it will fit smoothly into his current holster, or require a new holster. [If he can handle the gun, he asks permission to check the fit, then takes his own pistol out and lays it on the counter so that he can try the actual fit of the stunner in his holster.]

If the gun is satisfactory, Frank tells the clerk that he will take it, along with three energy cells for it (or batteries, or whatever it uses) [, and a holster, if it didn't fit well in his]. He next asks about electronic sights for it that will be compatible with his contact lens HUD (standard Imperial LEO issue).
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old May 22nd, 2019, 05:41 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 12
SanDragon Citizen+SanDragon Citizen+SanDragon Citizen+

Dabi walks along the display cases with a serious look on his face, as if he knows exactly what he wants.

When he gets to the N-stunners, you see his face light up and then just as quickly frown and sigh.

"Of course the one I want will totally kill my budget. And won't cover the power cells."

"I wonder how the warnings of the S-stunner compare to the N-stunner?"