Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old January 1st, 2018, 11:10 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+
Default Irklan Duel

Got an Irklan I've bean playing off and on since '91 (mostly on till around Y2K, mostly off since), now she is less than Orthodox with her fighting style, she's traveled to Answerin/Parsi/Vland to study Bio-feedback & Auto-Hypnosis and to Daryen and the Trojan Reaches to study with Fteirle Sai-iysa (Aslan Assassins) and before that she was an Army Commando & Intel Officer, she has worked as a Big Game Hunter and a Bounty Hunter. she hasn't pulled a trigger off a firing range in over a decade game time, so she is all about Unarmed & Pre-Industrial weapons.

anyway earlier tonight our party went up against an other Irklan, after playing cat and mouse across an entire city (not knowing who was the cat or the mouse at any moment). come the final showdown my Recon & Tactics (along with the military training of other party members) overcame the other Irklan's Stealth and prevented him getting a surprise attack on us, but he was still able to blowgun two of the other characters, one stroking out strait away an other when in to shock from the poison and the last party member had to render medical aid after failing to mow our attacker down with their Machine Pistol.

so the fight was between a couple of Space Ninja. my Irklan opened defensively trying to gauge my opponent and figure out if the fight was going down for real or if we could Cut & Run with our poisoned comrade after dodging a couple of Blade attacks I landed a Push Kick that opened our range back out from infighting allowing me to use my Fierah as a Whip to disarm him, since although we where evenly matched unarmed he was better with blades than I was with any weapon I had on myself. After an exchange of Strikes, Kicks & Blocks that all failed to land he went to the Knives trading precision for damage potential should he get past my Jack (my Jack had saved me many times since the blowgun attacks in this fight, don't let anyone tell you it's worthless, true it may not be worth much, but sometimes it's just enough), in response I pulled my Ayloi not wanting to give up a Damage edge. the fight went on for somewhere over 40 rounds with Blocks' Evasions Weakened blows and full strength blows my enemy ran out of End first and I was able to land a proper blow with my Blade/Claw that Ko'ed him right away. After I'd stumbled off a few steps to throw up the cops roiled in with Tasers & Beanbags.

the other characters are up on Firearms charges (along with others) my character is up on Common Assault, Affray, Disturbing the Peace and Concealed Weapons (none of my weapons where Illegal, but the Concealment was), my DoJ Bounty-hunters License may make my charges go away since we'd made local & 3I authorities aware of the threat days ago game time, and my opponent has given the cops a lot of paperwork over his Cell-death, I warned them taking away his shoelaces wasn't going to be enough.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.