Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old February 19th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by flykiller View Post
probably computer operator.
Could be Comms, too. Communications. Or even the Command seat. Conn. Command & Control.

I notice some non-Traveller-standard seats designated with a single letter code on some of the other plans, like B = Boss, on the K'kree ship.

Last edited by Supplement Four; February 19th, 2017 at 03:22 PM..
Old February 19th, 2017, 06:42 PM

Gallery : 10
Hyphen Citizen+Hyphen Citizen+

WOW! As a lifelong believer of "it ain't a real ship without deckplans", these are brilliant - and thank you!!!
- Count Zuiar (Dagu 0705)- Starburst for Extreme Heroism - Pursuits at Alell
- Baroness Heidi Maria Heyerdahl, Tavonni (Spin 1520)- MCG - Final Victory at Emerald
- Baron Sii (Dagu 0932)TAS:
- Ritter of Tavonni (Spin 1520)- Bearer (Ley: Silver 0221); Bearer (Lish: Zemud 0212)
Coins:(#170) XO (Lt) FE Holmes, 154th BR Sq
(#222) PlatLdr (LtO2), 3P, ΔTrp (G-Tank), 2B (LI), 4518th(#282) XO (LtO2), ΒCo (J-Trp), 6B (JT), 4518th
Old February 19th, 2017, 07:26 PM

Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++

I'm in love with that Hammer class merchant.

I love all the details that come alive as you look close. Like...I just noticed that the hatches in the staterooms and medbay double as view-ports. I wonder if those are escape hatches with explosive bolts, where the entire view port rockets out of position. Or, does the glass break apart as an iris valve would and reseals after it is closed again.

The design is elegant. Simple yet deceptive. Fuel scoop like a mouth across the aft ventral section. Sensor sticks poking out of the bow like a bug's antenna. It is a very "Traveller" design.

Question: does the required space add up if using Book 2 rules? Can you duplicate this vessel and deckplan using Book 2? There's enough space given to fuel tankage and what not?
Old February 19th, 2017, 08:53 PM

infojunky Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemall View Post
Thanks, downloading now.

I never did the mini thing, counters good enough, but we do have mini fiends that will appreciate having them, so I have been looking to get into a 'good enough' collection of them.

Which brings up a point- what is the preferred size, 10mm 15mm or 25mm?
15mm of course. There are far more Science Fiction figures in 15mm than there is in any other size. Way more Traveller inspired figures as well.

Though I will say I am a big fan of Cardboard Heroes, which are close stand-ins for 25mm figures down fitting on 3/4 inch bases (20mm or better yet a penny). The good news is they are available as part of the GURPS ships disk from FarFuture. They are part of their Deckplans series.

I made a mistake years ago when I was moving into 15mm in that a majority of my collection is based on 15mm rounds to match the nominal scale of 1/100th which most vehicles are scaled in. Instead the nominal 120 scale the 1/2 inch grid of all the classic Deckplans are printed. But as most things arrive here as digital files a little tweak of the printing parameters and I am good to go.
Old February 20th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Beerfume Citizen+Beerfume Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplement Four View Post
I just noticed that the hatches in the staterooms and medbay double as view-ports.
That wasn't my intention, it's just hard to differentiate the ceiling iris valve symbol from a skylight. But if it works for you, go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplement Four View Post
Question: does the required space add up if using Book 2 rules? Can you duplicate this vessel and deckplan using Book 2? There's enough space given to fuel tankage and what not?
Yes, yes, and yes. All my designs are per Book 2 and I try not to fudge. I start with a 3D model of the hull, which is scaled to match the ship's displacement tonnage. I then work backwards to create the deck plans. If the fuel tankage seems light for the Hammer, realize that there is a bunch of fuel stored below the main deck. When working with curved hulls, I tend to store the fuel in the less useful areas.
Old February 20th, 2017, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfume View Post
That wasn't my intention, it's just hard to differentiate the ceiling iris valve symbol from a skylight. But if it works for you, go for it!
I kinda like it!

Quote:
Yes, yes, and yes. All my designs are per Book 2 and I try not to fudge. I start with a 3D model of the hull, which is scaled to match the ship's displacement tonnage. I then work backwards to create the deck plans. If the fuel tankage seems light for the Hammer, realize that there is a bunch of fuel stored below the main deck. When working with curved hulls, I tend to store the fuel in the less useful areas.
Question from up-thread: What's the station on the bridge labeled "C"? Computer?

Comment: You should contact Mongoose and see if the need a deckplan swabbie.
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Baron

Gallery : 103
Visit coliver988's Blog
coliver988 Citizen+coliver988 Citizen+coliver988 Citizen+

Thanks! I've already used a couple of the plans in my current game. They are quite good, useful and I really enjoy all the renderings as well to give more perspective to the actual ship as a character.

Duke of The Solomani RimLANGELOS A4249A6-FLangelos Write Up AlphaTrane / Glisten 2038
Baron, IpkurIpkur C564543-9Ipkur Write Up AlphaRomar / Glisten 2140
Knight of the Third Imperium [x2]Rhylanor A434934-FCyan / Trojan Reach 2102
Knight of the Third ImperiumIkuna E000410-AKryslion / Trojan Reach 2002
MCG For Conspicuous GallantryThe Assault On AlellSelshor / Trojan Reach 1402
Travellers Aid Society 2798Dudid B510526-9Blog - mix of OTU and MTUhttp://traveller-ct.blogspot.com/
Pilots Guide To D'Arlee QuadrantTraveller Github spacehttps://github.com/COliver988/Traveller
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:25 PM

infojunky Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfume View Post

The reformatting was done for purely selfish reasons. Most of my Traveller miniatures are 15mm and the smaller sheet size is less expensive to print. Just hoping someone else might get some use out of them.
I forgot to Say, Thanks those are wonderful.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:54 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Terquem Citizen

Thanks, I also downloaded these yesterday. Great work.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:57 AM
Baron

Gallery : 3
Visit DickNervous's Blog
DickNervous Citizen+DickNervous Citizen+

These are AWESOME!

Thank you so very much!
Baron of Ishala - VLAN 2113 Ishala C866651-9
Baron of Enaaka - DENE 0203 Enaaka B777786-6
Knight of Deneb - SPIN 1721 ARBA C200200-C