Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Referee's Lounge

Referee's Lounge Discussion of how to (and not to) Referee Traveller and Cepheus Engine games. No edition warring allowed.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 1st, 2017, 07:44 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
His/Her character dies at the next opportunity, or starts failing every die roll made. Lightning bolts to the head when underground do not seem appropriate for Traveller. However, an electrical short circuit while showering would be okay.
Agreed.

When I first was DM, back in early 80's, IIRC, when we only knew AD&D as RPG, I had one such players. After several warnings, when the pary was travelling a desert, he did the last straw (I cannot remember the exact one). Then I told the party that a piano has fallen from sky unpon his character. Some angels appeared, took the piano, and apologized, but the character was dead. "Not all angels play harp" was my explanation.

He took the message and did not join our D&D games any more.

Then the RPG community in Barcelona was quite small, and I was surprised, some years after that, in another gaming club whose people was not related with the one where this occured, when I heard talking about "falling pianos" as a threat of DM's wrath...

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.