Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old May 20th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
jaz0nj4ckal Citizen
Default Hand-to-Hand and/or martial art combat

Has anyone done anything to make hand-to-hand (HtH) combat more interesting? For example – rules or special benefits for Judo Throws or Choke Holds?

I currently have a rough outline or draft on what I want to focus on, but with the intent to keep it ‘VERY’ simple. GURPS sort of gave me the idea; however, too many details and maneuvers are in resource books, and me being a sucker for 2d6 and simple rules I started drafting something for CT.

To keep things simple I have broken maneuvers into three categories.

Group K/P = Kicking/Punching
Group T = Throws
Group H = Holds

It can be argued by some that Kicking can develop a great deal more force and damage then a punch; however, for simplicity both forms of damage are caused by blunt or bludgeoning; however, the other groups would allow for other dice penalties.

For example –
Group K/P = normal damage on chart
Group T = throw opponent 1m and have them make a check land prone?
Group H = maybe strength check to see if they can break free and maybe some other checks to see if they pass out.

I always like to hear from the community, so what have others done to add a little more flavor?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.