Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:34 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen
Default Background Check Sites

I spent some time tonight looking as some of the major so-called "background information" sites, to see what was said about me and also my brother-in-law. After just looking at the surface information that I could see without paying, I figured that it definitely would not be worth a penny of my money. There is enough to make them sound legit, but when my brother-in-law shows up with multiply felony convictions, the background check is pretty meaningless. I have been seeing him multiple times a year since July of 1978. No felonies. From looking at the sites, they are blending information on any two individuals who happen to have the same name and are in the same or near area. For me, they have me living in three different states at the same time. If nothing else, it was a worthwhile look.

Note, Truthfinder was the worst of the lot.

Edit Note: I just ran my daughter, and discovered that she is African-American. Hmmm, she sure did not look it today what I saw her, nor yesterday either. And she apparently owns the house, which has a very bizarre net worth.

And to think some people depend on these. As P. T. Barnum said: "There is a sucker born every minute." As a corollary to that, you could add: "and the Internet finds them quite efficiently to separate them from their money."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.

Last edited by timerover51; July 22nd, 2019 at 12:47 AM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.