Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:13 PM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,555
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBennett View Post
[OOC: Does our ship have a shooting range onboard? Just curious.]
[OOC: Sorry, not big enough. You might be able to do something in the cargo hold when not too full (pretty full right now), with snub pistols and either rubber bullets or paintball ammo so as not to damage anything, but it would just point-n-shoot combat practice, not real target practice as the projectile ballistic characteristics would be different.]

[EDIT: OOC: Actually if you wanted some practice w your electromag sniper rifle you could go outside in your vaccsuit, give a target a small push to get it moving away from the ship, and have at it, as long as the ship is in deep space and not near other ships or space habitats. Only problem is ammo usage; might be difficult or expensive to replace at many places out in the Deep.]

EDIT 2: Just hang on and be patient, I think after a couple of current conversations are resolved we may be able to jump ahead to making orbit around Devonia.]
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP


My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
  #102  
Old August 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM
ErianFrost's Avatar
ErianFrost ErianFrost is offline
Citizen: SOC-12
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 107
Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Once there he sends a reminder to Kalos, to check for any robot or medical parts stores.
Kalos quickly reviews the available data.

"Hey Doc, the info I've got doesn't indicate that there are any parts listed for sale, but I did find some resale shops -- one deals in electronics. Also, there are some medical supply stores that might be worth checking out when we touch down."
  #103  
Old August 17th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Fritz_Brown's Avatar
Fritz_Brown Fritz_Brown is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,032
Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[OOC: Are you figuring she can fish from her bike, or do you mean fly out to the harbor and work off a boat?]
[OOC: As much fun as it might be to fish from the bike, I'm thinking 1) her skill isn't high enough, 2) the bike is a bit small, and 3) I'm not sure how a grav platform interacts with things outside its field when pulling and such. So, she plans on getting a boat and going out.]
__________________
1836! Come and take it!
IMTU tc++ ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au pi+ he+ t5(LBB0020)+ and tp++ (that's Proto-Traveller!)
My CotI blog!
  #104  
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:06 PM
ChaosBennett ChaosBennett is offline
Citizen: SOC-7
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 24
Gallery : 0
ChaosBennett Citizen
Default

Think I'll just get my vaccsuit back on, go outside with my rifle and keep an eye out for anything that moves and looks hostile.
  #105  
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,555
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBennett View Post
Think I'll just get my vaccsuit back on, go outside with my rifle and keep an eye out for anything that moves and looks hostile.
[OOC: Space is big and empty. Might want to carry along a few pieces of trash to toss if you really want something to shoot at.]
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP


My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
  #106  
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,699
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
"Ok, I'll have a side chat with him before we touch down and set up and appointment."

Hampton calls the bridge, "Kalos, I'm loading my authorization (Hampton sets up the purchase order on his pocket comp, signs, and uploads it to the ship's computer) "for an update package for the Library program. Send in the order and load it into the system, please."

Hampton will stop by Mr. Verchanski's stateroom and knock.
...picking up where I left off....

Hampton enters the stateroom and takes the seat offered by Verchanski.

"I hope you're feeling a little better now that things have settled down after the pop-out? Doc tells me you have an export and manufacturing company on Devonia, do you specialize in anything in particular?"
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
  #107  
Old August 18th, 2013, 09:05 PM
ChaosBennett ChaosBennett is offline
Citizen: SOC-7
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 24
Gallery : 0
ChaosBennett Citizen
Default

[OOC: There's disease and danger wrapped under that darkness and silence.]
  #108  
Old August 18th, 2013, 10:24 PM
samuelvss's Avatar
samuelvss samuelvss is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blacksburg
Posts: 1,237
Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
[Max]
Excellent. With your 14 hour shift, I only need another 10 hours to cover Engineering, leaving 4 to 6 hours to take care of the passengers. We survive four days of that and the passengers will be unloaded and we get a break."
"Well, how 'bout the bots. Can you show me where I can start?"

Henry's going to see what can be done, turn in for 8 hours, grab a coffee, and be 30 min early for his 14 hour shift.
__________________
Essayons!

SVSS


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
  #109  
Old August 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,555
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son (shiptime 0930, 3731-08-09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
...picking up where I left off....

Hampton enters the stateroom and takes the seat offered by Verchanski.

"I hope you're feeling a little better now that things have settled down after the pop-out? Doc tells me you have an export and manufacturing company on Devonia, do you specialize in anything in particular?"
Verchanski thanks Hampton for his inquiry, and says that he is feeling much better after Doc's treatment. He sometimes travels on business, and the jump sickness never hits him this bad. "I guess I'd better start taking those preventative meds from now on."

He tells Hampton a bit about his business - mostly import/export broker, and he would be happy to represent the Fortunate Son. No, he doesn't have any particular ideas about current cargo, as he has been away for several months and needs to get back to his office to check his expert-system.

He also frequently acts as middleman in putting together deals for new products, finding parts suppliers and packagers and so forth. He is authorized to represent several manufacturers of different types, so can usually find someone to make whatever needs to be made.

Verchanski whips out his datapad and offers a contract for e-signing if Hampton wants to authorize him to act as broker for the Fortunate Son's cargo - but Hampton notes that the fee is high and structured so that he gets paid even if he doesn't make the sale, plus there is already Kalos on board to act as broker at no extra charge above his regular salary.

Which reminds him (Hampton), that he had a voice message from Kalos, something about some deals he spotted in the info pkg from Devonia...
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP


My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
  #110  
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Fritz_Brown's Avatar
Fritz_Brown Fritz_Brown is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,032
Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

Donoma makes a deal for a boat and heads out for a couple of hours of food acquisition activities. She will try to land 5-20kg of decent fish.

[-40Cr, roll 9+1]
__________________
1836! Come and take it!
IMTU tc++ ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au pi+ he+ t5(LBB0020)+ and tp++ (that's Proto-Traveller!)
My CotI blog!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 01 SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 767 October 12th, 2013 11:29 PM
[SBRD] Prep: Characters SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 73 October 6th, 2013 12:09 PM
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 00 (Doc's hiring) DaveChase Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 66 August 23rd, 2013 08:38 AM
[SBRD] Prep: setting discussion SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 189 August 10th, 2013 05:27 PM

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010- Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.