Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller

T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller Discussion of T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller from Imperium Games and the Milieu 0 setting.

Old April 15th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+
I've downloaded T4 from DTRPG when it was free; I'm now going to read through it seriously for the first time (I've read it once, but only in a very causual way) and post my comments here. I'm probably going to use it as a resource for CT and as a source of inspiration for house-rules instead of playing it directly.

So, let's start.

First I must say that I like the illustrated scenes (such as on p.6 saying "The future of the Imperium rests on the shoulders of capable, trustworthy individuals....". These convey the spirit of the setting in words as well as in graphics. This is a very good idea about introducing the OTU - I think that it offers one potential (and very good) answer to the question raised by this thread.

The following overview of Traveller (basic game assumptions and themes, as well as OTU timeline overview) on pp.7-9 is also a very good attempt at such a thing - it conveys the important things in a nutshell and in merely two and a half pages. Sure, it's a recap of LBB0 and the "what is traveller" booklet in most part, but it's quite good nonetheless.

More later.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.