Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old March 11th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
Default The Cepheus Engine

Does anyone know how different Cepheus Engine is from MgT?
Old March 11th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
kilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizen

I have both a cheap used MgT1E core LBB and a CE.

I would characterize it as mostly MgT1E with a CT vibe.
Old March 11th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Count

Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome

Thanks!
Old March 11th, 2017, 06:37 PM

infojunky Citizen

Character generation is more in line with CT, Actually more in line with Basic Character Generation from MT.

There is a larger than basic 3 books selection of skills, but less than the entirety of CT in term of total number of skills.

The Task system and combat is definitely MgT1ed, with a strong MT overtimes.

But it has the modularity of CT, in that one can cleanly switch out bits as needed with minimal effort.
Old March 11th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Count

Does it seem easy to use? It almost sounds like the Frankenstein of Traveller versions.
Old March 12th, 2017, 12:06 AM

infojunky Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinward Scout View Post
Does it seem easy to use?
I find it as transparent as CT. It also depends on your specific flavor of CT. Years ago, like 30+ years ago I started using the 8+ as a core mechanic (mind you those early games were heavily combat orientated), so it made perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinward Scout View Post
It almost sounds like the Frankenstein of Traveller versions.
Like CT wasn't, just in the number of variations of combat systems, not to mention character generation, world generation Etc, etc...

Last edited by infojunky; March 12th, 2017 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: spelling, horrible spelling.
Old March 12th, 2017, 01:11 AM
Count

Thanks!
Old March 12th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Viscount

Quint Citizen+Quint Citizen+

My biggest gripe is a totally cosmetic and easily fixed one if you have the editable document. They relabeled some of the military professions into "X Forces Command" or the like, other than that I'd agree that it seems very CTesque.

D.
Medal for Conspicuous Gallantry - The Pursuits at Menorb
IMTU aka "Traveller 2200" = tp++ tc+ mt+ mgt+ tne-- !3i he+
Old March 13th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

Bravesteel Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
My biggest gripe is a totally cosmetic and easily fixed one if you have the editable document. They relabeled some of the military professions into "X Forces Command" or the like, other than that I'd agree that it seems very CTesque.

D.
I'm not following. Care to explain further?
Old March 13th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

rhialto Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesteel View Post
I'm not following. Care to explain further?
Army is called "Surface System Defense"
Flyers are called "Aerospace System Defense"
Sailors are called "Maritime System Defense"
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous