Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller

T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller Discussion of T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller from Imperium Games and the Milieu 0 setting.

Old June 19th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 1
Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen
Send a message via MSN to AndreaV Send a message via Yahoo to AndreaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
The blurb read that way. The maps didn't.
The maps are one of the things you need to throw away
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewmv View Post
The maps are one of the things you need to throw away
Then they shouldn't have been published.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM

Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Then they shouldn't have been published.
There are many things in all version of Traveller that applies to.
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewmv View Post
There are many things in all version of Traveller that applies to.
But you have to admit that T4 has more than its fair share of them. <cough> First Survey <cough>

Hans
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:47 AM

Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancke2 View Post
But you have to admit that T4 has more than its fair share of them. <cough> First Survey <cough>

Hans
Don't dis first survey, it makes an excellent mouse mat.
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen

Warning these last few threads is getting close to T4 bashing...

We are here to discuss the merits of Milieu 0 which could be used with any ruleset...and just because the ruleset (including maps) were flawed does not make it possible to retro-connect once the Atlas of the Imperium is complete.

Personally, I like the Small Imperium of M:0 and there is no reason why we should be slaves to the timeline there is lots of space (pardon the pun) to alter events. What if Artemeus was more than what he seemed - he could have been a Vilani spy befriended Cleon with the dreams of resurrecting the First Imperium. I would be interested in using MgT Dynasty to rebuild M:0 thus introduce more factions than Pocket Empires then gradually allow Pocket Empires to creep in with a more exploration campaign.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:12 PM

Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka47 View Post
Warning these last few threads is getting close to T4 bashing...

We are here to discuss the merits of Milieu 0 which could be used with any ruleset...and just because the ruleset (including maps) were flawed does not make it possible to retro-connect once the Atlas of the Imperium is complete.

Personally, I like the Small Imperium of M:0 and there is no reason why we should be slaves to the timeline there is lots of space (pardon the pun) to alter events. What if Artemeus was more than what he seemed - he could have been a Vilani spy befriended Cleon with the dreams of resurrecting the First Imperium. I would be interested in using MgT Dynasty to rebuild M:0 thus introduce more factions than Pocket Empires then gradually allow Pocket Empires to creep in with a more exploration campaign.
I actually wrote a little app to regenerate canon sectors. I think it has an M0 option (if not I must add one), you can find it on my website.

Yes I like the setting. My own take is slowly being put together (the two fiction stories I put up last week are part of it) and will hopefully appear in Freelance Traveller eventually. Complete with regenerated maps
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka47 View Post
We are here to discuss the merits of Milieu 0 which could be used with any ruleset...
The OP asked if anyone was using the setting. It said nothing about the merits.

Quote:
...and just because the ruleset (including maps) were flawed does not make it possible to retro-connect once the Atlas of the Imperium is complete.
Maps are part of the setting, not the rules. ISTR that they had some continuity problems (The map of Core subsector, anyway; I don't really recall any other M0 maps).

Quote:
Personally, I like the Small Imperium of M:0 and there is no reason why we should be slaves to the timeline there is lots of space (pardon the pun) to alter events.
'Slaves' is a strong term and quite inappropriate. There's a very good reason to stick to an official setting (as long as it's selfconsistent), namely to promote compatibility of material produced by different people. That doesn't mean individual referees can't have even better reasons to ignore the common setting, but when they do, any material they produce becomes less useful to those who stick to the setting.

To answer the question posed in the OP, I'm not running an M0 campaign, but I've authored several adventures set in M0 and also an M0 setting (the Sword Worlds during the Five States Era).

Hans
Old June 19th, 2012, 11:20 PM

Visit AndreaV's Blog
AndreaV Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancke2 View Post
The OP asked if anyone was using the setting. It said nothing about the merits.

Maps are part of the setting, not the rules. ISTR that they had some continuity problems (The map of Core subsector, anyway; I don't really recall any other M0 maps).

'Slaves' is a strong term and quite inappropriate. There's a very good reason to stick to an official setting (as long as it's selfconsistent), namely to promote compatibility of material produced by different people. That doesn't mean individual referees can't have even better reasons to ignore the common setting, but when they do, any material they produce becomes less useful to those who stick to the setting.

To answer the question posed in the OP, I'm not running an M0 campaign, but I've authored several adventures set in M0 and also an M0 setting (the Sword Worlds during the Five States Era).

Hans
Most people probably know by now, but I really like the M0 small Imperium setting. Yeah, think we can all agree it suffered VERY badly from Imperiumgames atrocious production values. More subtly also from the idea that the Long Night left a wasteland of dead worlds.

One of my long term goals is to 'reimage' the setting, redoing maps as I go is part of that. And I'm not only throwing out the badly flawed (read virtually unusable) first survey data. But also I'm largely throwing out Marc's own redone data for the setting as it follows the howling wasteland Long Night rather than the collapse of the Imperium into smaller states line.

The first product of that is the two stories I just put up, but there's a lot more coming (puts on his tacky 90s Eurodance and J-pop and goes back to drawing subsectors)

Last edited by AndreaV; June 19th, 2012 at 11:23 PM..
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
saundby Citizen

I'm looking at giving a variant of M0 a whirl in some future campaign. The material in the T4 core book is attractive, The pre-explored and inhabited great mass of space described elsewhere will have to go, of course.

Personally, I want some actual frontiers and then the "dead" worlds from prior collapse may not be as dead as they seem. They're just not talkative or engaging in interstellar flight. But they are the little folk, they...