Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T20 - Traveller for the D20 System

T20 - Traveller for the D20 System Open discussion on the D20 version of Traveller!

Old February 9th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 1
Starviking Citizen

I'll just echo Grey Lensman - have downloaded them all, like them, and would love to see them all.

I have to say that in terms of layout, art, content, and quality Signal GK is top notch.
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
Next question:

How many people have actually downloaded the new issues (10-13), I see 172 people have viewed this post.

Would you like to see more issues or are Ewan and I wasting our time scanning and posting?

What do you think of Signal GK the fanzine?

I downloaded them and liked what I saw.
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 0
Visit FreeTrav's Blog
FreeTrav Citizen

Quote:
Next question:

How many people have actually downloaded the new issues (10-13), I see 172 people have viewed this post.

Would you like to see more issues or are Ewan and I wasting our time scanning and posting?

"MOAR PLZ!"

(I've been downloading them all as I learn they're available.)
(formerly posting as jzeitlin)
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

ShannonA Citizen

And I've started indexing and tagging them for RPGnet, to make them easy for people to find in the future:
http://index.rpg.net/display-search....&type=pictures

Here's an index for issue #10:
http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=13826
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:51 AM

Gallery : 1
inexorabletash has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes! (I'm a sucker for old fanzines, though...)

Quote:
It's much better quality and the density of each issue is much higher than I expected!
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:58 PM

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen

Leighton, I know that you cited the problems with infringement upon the copyright of Shadowrun for AZtech but surely one could change enough of it to make it work or at the very least ask WizKids for permission for using a similar concept.

Too much of this background needs to be put into print and I hope that Mongoose are watching. BTW, has anyone bothered to post the Signal GK updates over on the Mongoose boards...as the younglings need to see what fun Traveller was like in the heyday.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:14 PM

Jae Citizen
Post Update

Leighton is busy putting together a fully pdf'd version of issue 5 which will hopefully see the light of day in a few weeks and there is discussion about continuing with a fully pdf'd version of six.

I will release the missing issues over the next few months and there is a discussion ongoing to see if we can track down some of the old DDT gang (as well as some new victims) to complete the updated Sector library data and hopefully a sector species book and even (SHOCK, HORROR) the possibility of the occasional new issue if there is enough material to justify an annual.

Despite the quiet, there is a lot going on behind the scenes.
Old February 11th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 2
Theophilus Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inexorabletash View Post
Yes! (I'm a sucker for old fanzines, though...)

It's much better quality and the density of each issue is much higher than I expected!
Me too, Big sucker for old fanzines. I'm still trying to find some if anyone can help locate certain ones.
Getting Third Imperium from Canada or Signal GK from the UK, or stuff from Australia was a real pain back in the day. I'm still trying to get as many as I can, that's why I gladly offered to help bring SGK to the web.

Finding AAB, Tiffany Star, TTT, and Third Imperium online has been a great thing. I eagerly await Stellar Reaches and Frontier Report, as well as Freelance Traveller. Still I want more....
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:10 AM

Jae Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka47 View Post
Leighton, I know that you cited the problems with infringement upon the copyright of Shadowrun for AZtech but surely one could change enough of it to make it work or at the very least ask WizKids for permission for using a similar concept.

Too much of this background needs to be put into print and I hope that Mongoose are watching. BTW, has anyone bothered to post the Signal GK updates over on the Mongoose boards...as the younglings need to see what fun Traveller was like in the heyday.
Kafka,

We've been cross posting etc. but please feel free to add to getting the signal out there...

We've been down the road of trying to get this material officially published and I think we'll now just settle for freely distributing though having it receive a degree of official status would be nice, especially as the number of times we had to change info to try and match... Urgh!

Theo,

we used to have an agreement with Freelance Traveller to distribute in the UK (and they distributedthe signal in the US - bad deal for them given the size of the signal) so I have several of the earlier issues but not sure about breaching copyright.

Next time I'm down in the dungeon i'll check and see if I still have any spare copies and I'll post them on to you...

Re Aztech The only similarity is that name as far as I'm aware but as long as we're not charging for our stuff I doubt anyone would care, really...

For the moment, Free distribution seems to be the way to go.

Jae

Last edited by Jae; February 12th, 2010 at 03:14 AM..
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Marquis

Visit FreeTrav's Blog
FreeTrav Citizen

Ummm... I don't recall any sort of agreement for cross distribution with SGK in any size, shape or color... Not that I'm averse to such! (I'm Freelance Traveller, and to the best of my knowledge, I always have been, and never was there anyone else who was.)

(I actually think that SGK had ceased publication before I got heavily involved in the Traveller community. Seeing it return is, IMO, not at all a bad thing. Thank you!)
(formerly posting as jzeitlin)