Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old October 12th, 2020, 07:23 AM
Citizen: SOC-2

Gallery : 0
Polybius Citizen
Default Classic Traveller History and Review

I'm working through overviews of various games and editions I've played over the years, and reached Classic Traveller - take a look, feedback welcome, and apologies for the background noise. Something I'm still learning on the job!

https://youtu.be/mKnspmLnqgg
Old October 13th, 2020, 07:23 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Matt123's Blog
Matt123 Citizen+Matt123 Citizen+

Looks good, a bit long for a quick watch but even just skimming I picked up on a few details I wasn't previously aware of. I'm gonna need chips, cheese, crackers and whiskey in prep for a proper watch :-)
Old October 14th, 2020, 07:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-2

Polybius Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt123 View Post
Looks good, a bit long for a quick watch but even just skimming I picked up on a few details I wasn't previously aware of. I'm gonna need chips, cheese, crackers and whiskey in prep for a proper watch :-)
Heh... My options were to break these videos up into separate ones, or keep them long but (relatively) comprehensive. I chose the latter because - well, people like cheese, crackers, and whiskey

Thank-you!
Old October 16th, 2020, 11:58 AM

Gallery : 2
creativehum Citizen++creativehum Citizen++creativehum Citizen++creativehum Citizen++

Hey, hey, I watched the video (in little chunks at a time) and really enjoyed it.

I agree with many of your points (which is probably why I liked it so much), particularly about the imaginative value of character creation and world generation, and how the system is simple and lets you handle countless things on the fly.

I don't know if you've seen it, but a few years ago I started a blog about playing Traveller only with Books 1-3. (You can find the link below.) I think you and I would have a great time playing together.
Old October 17th, 2020, 10:55 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

ShapeShifter Citizen

I'll watch them as soon as I can lay hands on a nice bottle of tranya or saurian brandy.
Old October 17th, 2020, 11:26 AM

Gallery : 2
creativehum Citizen++creativehum Citizen++creativehum Citizen++creativehum Citizen++

Also, I loved the passion you brought to the subject. Yes, your observations were on point and all, but what really mattered to me was how much you loved the game. Like you, I now consider the original Traveller rules a high water mark for RPG design.