Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old July 9th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Sifu Blackirish Citizen
Question

Okay, I am going to take the plunge.

When I get back home (wnenever that is), I am finally going to atempt to build a web site to share the madness that leaks out of my brain and is filtered by CT.

Yes, the Confederation/Dominion/Alliance, that entity that spans almost six hundred years of human history and over 30 stories (to date), will finally be accessible to the CotI public!

(hears crickets chirping)

Now, I am so far behind the curve of web site design, or anything else WWW, that the road still looks straight to me. So, I throw myself on the bed of nails constructed by you gentle readers and beg for advice:

Any freeware out there for website design (I'm a cheapskate...well, married a long time)?

Are there advantages to being affiliated with downport.com?

How much OTU stuff can I legally post without MWM wanting a pound of flesh?

If I post random artwork from my collection (some stuff 25 years old) am I still obligated to pay the originator for its use? How would I even find him?

I have an adventure that I use to introduce new players to TRAVELLER, set in the late Dominion era. If I was psychotic enough to want to publish it, is there a market?

I know, the man's helpless. Sorry, but all my computer knowledge came from the late 70's-early 80's...hmmm...sounds like another thread topic...

Really, any advice given will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.