Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old October 31st, 2007, 08:50 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Allensh Citizen
Send a message via ICQ to Allensh Send a message via AIM to Allensh
Default Book 2 Scout/Courier...too much fuel?

I can't believe after all of these years that I'm confused about this..must be a sign of age.

If, as Book 2 states, jump drive fuel equals 10% of the ship's tonnage times the jump number, then a 100-ton Scout/Courier uses 20 tons of fuel per jump, correct?

Then why is the ship listed as having 40 tons of fuel? Can it jump twice without refueling? Have I somehow missed this fact for over 20 years?

Also, is power plant fuel assumed to be stored with the power plant itself or is that included in fuel tankage, thus meaning the ship would have less than 2 jumps because of the power plant fuel?

I feel stupid even asking this but I was looking at the ship this morning and it just struck me...

Allen

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.