Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old May 4th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation
Default Canon 2: Empire Distinctives

Once again, I need some references, because I need to be schooled!

The Zhodani Consulate

The Consulate is TL14 - that's what I've always understood. And yet, Zdhant is TL15. So are its warships TL14 or TL15? Can it be said that ANY proportion of the Consulate's military is TL15? What is that proportion?

Teleporting commandos. How many of these does the Consulate have?

Warbots. To what degree do Consulate forces rely on warbots?

The Sword Worlds

I think Gram is TL12, right? I own Hans' book, but I don't have it here at work. What is the SW naval doctrine? Do they use battle riders? Small jump "fighters"? Are they interestingly militarily differentiated from the other empires?

The Darrian Confederation

Setting aside the Special Arm, what makes Darrian navy ships special? I understand that they're TL15, which is unusual for such a small empire. But are there aspects that differentiate them from the Imperium?

The Aslan Hierate

Being clan-based, I think their navies are more like a "colonial navy". Any thoughts here?

The Vargr

Despite their bad press, the Vargr DO have a lot of empires - some of them are larger than the Darrians and Sword Worlds put together. Yes, we can define "empire" rather loosely with the Vargr, but then.... well the Imperium itself seems rather loose in the way it gives its member worlds lots of leeway.

(And, really, even though this is Space Opera, I think the setting assumes that interstellar empires are incapable of micromanagement in the first place. They HAVE to give member worlds freedom.)

Anyway, the Vargr have their own psychology, so they probably have their own idea for military organization and strategy and ship design.
Tools Link

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.