Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Twilight:2000 > TWILIGHT: 2000 1E/2E

TWILIGHT: 2000 1E/2E Discussion of the Twilight: 2000 from GDW.

Old February 19th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
William Citizen
Thumbs up

And are they pretty. This is a really nice book that is well worth the wait. The extra-tidbits are almost worth the price in themselves.

320 pages of goodness. Lots of color plates Since I got counted as a pre-order, a piece of layout artwork from one of the original books along with a note from Marc saying this was serial 51 of 100.

I'll have more comments later, I'm sure, but I just had to play fan boy for a moment, because this is good stuff.

William
Old February 19th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Ranger Citizen
Extra tidbits?? That sounds interesting. Any hints you'd care to share? I alread own all the original items in volume one, so I passed on pre-ordering.

Enquireing minds want to know,

Rob
Old February 19th, 2003, 08:28 PM

notagoodusername Citizen
A few bits about T2K canon (akin to the stuff in the Traveller reprints, such as ratings, etc). Also some Challenege magazine stuff at the end of the book (a combat example, and some other stuff).

Shane

Reality is subjective - and not one of the subjects I studied.
Old February 19th, 2003, 10:57 PM

William Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
A few bits about T2K canon (akin to the stuff in the Traveller reprints, such as ratings, etc). Also some Challenege magazine stuff at the end of the book (a combat example, and some other stuff).

Shane
Pretty much it. I get a big kick out of the introductory material that gives metagame information like the discussion of how the game came about. In addition there are a number of color plates that are nice but not strictly necessary - the box set's campaign maps for example or the pages with the original box set's covers. Also the errata is there. so one doesn't need to go looking for that. It's just a nice reprinting of the materials with some, as I put it, tidbits added in. They probably aren't really enough to make you buy if you own the rules and modules, but for me they were a pleasent surprise.

William
Old March 27th, 2003, 09:09 PM

Greylond Citizen
Thumbs up

Hey! I'm out of the RPG loop for the most part lately. About the only place online that I frequent is the Kenzer&Co message boards. I sign into RPGnet every once and awhile, which is where I just found out about the Reprints!

I started playing TW2K way back in 1985. I loved the game back then. I GM'ed campaigns for almost six years as my primary game. Upto just a few years ago I always had a game going. Lately I have had time for only one game and since more people around me play AD&D, I GM that. Early last year a gamer that I know around here(Dallas, TX) and I were talking about "The Old Days" of Twilight 2K and how we wished that someone would bring it back. And now it is back in PRINT!!!

All I got to say is HOODY FRIGGIN HOO!!!! and you guys RAWK! Thanks for bringing it back. I'm going to buy a copy of it even though I still have two copies of the old material(along with alot of the old Challenge mags).

BTW, there are a few old Twilight players who hang out over at Kenzer's website that I'm telling this about, maybe you'll see a few more of us here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hackmaster has brought back the Old-Style of Fantasy RPG'ing and FFE brings back Twilight 2000!!! Am I in Gamer Heaven or WHAT!?!

Greylond
\" . . . you know frankly, going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy baggage behind.\" <br /><br />Jed Babbin, March 2003<br />Former Deputy Under-Secretary of Defense for George H. W. Bush
Old March 27th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

WyldRage Citizen
That's just the start, they're also bringing back 2300AD. It should be out sometime this year [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old March 28th, 2003, 08:12 AM

Greylond Citizen
I say that on this website.

I did like Traveller 2300, but I just never played it that much since I didn't have players for it alot. I could always find players for Twilight though.

I'm really glad that FFE is bringing back Traveller, Traveller 2300 and Twilight 2000(as long as they don't bring back The Worst Adventure Ever Written, aka Satellite Down). I think those games are classics and need to be availible to the new blood who only know of the D20 Crapola Games.

BTW, just who is at FFE? Is it some of the old crew from GDW? Just wondering.

Greylond
\" . . . you know frankly, going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy baggage behind.\" <br /><br />Jed Babbin, March 2003<br />Former Deputy Under-Secretary of Defense for George H. W. Bush
Old March 28th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Ancient - Absent Friend

Gallery : 18
Visit hunter's Blog
hunter Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Greylond:
I'm really glad that FFE is bringing back Traveller, Traveller 2300 and Twilight 2000(as long as they don't bring back The Worst Adventure Ever Written, aka Satellite Down). I think those games are classics and need to be availible to the new blood who only know of the D20 Crapola Games.
Man you're gonna hate the T20 versions of Twilight and 2300AD we are doing... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:

BTW, just who is at FFE? Is it some of the old crew from GDW? Just wondering.
Marc Miller

Hunter
[b]Current Projects[/b][LIST][*][url=http://www.scifigaming.com]SciFi Gaming[/url][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=129_7888]The SciFi20 Project[/url][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=96742]The SciFi20 Rules Bundle[/url] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="1"][b]New![/b][/SIZE][/COLOR][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=96744]The SciFi20 Rules Bundle w/Screen[/url] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="1"][b]New![/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
Old March 29th, 2003, 12:31 AM

Greylond Citizen
You are defintely right about that.

I can understand putting out games to please the availible market, but what I don't like is companies forgetting that part of their customer base likes the old style of the game better.

Heck, even Kenzer&Co puts out 3rd Edition D&D/d20 stuff. It even sells extremely well for them. However, now that they realize that there is an entire sub-market of people that don't like d20 they cater to us also. That is my biggest gripe with the d20 trend.

As long as y'all are putting out material for the old system you'll have a repeat and happy customer. If you switch over to only d20 stuff, then I'll take my money elsewhere.

Greylond
Old March 29th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-8

Herodotus Citizen
I got mine yesterday. I must say I am very pleased with it. The cover is just enough like the cover of a military tech-maual to make it stand out on the shelves of high color, flashy graphic books in my game store
About the only complaint I have with it is the color plates of the orginal maps that came in the boxed game. They have the east half othe map on the left hand page, and the west half of the map on the right hand page. All in all, I would say that is a pretty minor complaint. (Espically since the map was about all I had left from my orginal boxed set.)
The few extra things (the color pictures in the front and the articals from magazines and such)where nice as well. The errata in the back is deeply appreciated.
I'm looking forward to future realeases. Particularly the Equipment and vehicale guides. I have many of the moduals, but look forward to getting some of the ones I missed (particularly Howling Wilderness , which I have never a chance to seen when it was orginally published.)