Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old December 9th, 2018, 04:35 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++

A Church tended towards the big tent model; a cult was more tailored towards a more narrow demographic of believers.
Old December 18th, 2018, 12:31 PM

JimMarn Citizen+JimMarn Citizen+JimMarn Citizen+

I saw messes caused by players who claimed their character was the avatar of Thor... several in the same game world...

I wanted to avoid that. So I took my copy of the D&DG book, and rewrote all of the deities and demi-gods in there. New names, new religion names, sacrifices, tithes, etc. Every deity in one mythos is of the same alignment. There are 9 alingments and 9 Mythos.

Here is a Lawful Good example.

http://crestofastar.drivein-jim.net/...cracked-sky-lg
Old December 19th, 2018, 04:20 AM

Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMarn View Post
I saw messes caused by players who claimed their character was the avatar of Thor... several in the same game world...

I wanted to avoid that. So I took my copy of the D&DG book, and rewrote all of the deities and demi-gods in there. New names, new religion names, sacrifices, tithes, etc. Every deity in one mythos is of the same alignment. There are 9 alingments and 9 Mythos.

Here is a Lawful Good example.

http://crestofastar.drivein-jim.net/...cracked-sky-lg
If someone tried that on me, I would tell him the Heimdall has just blown the Gjaller-horn, and he has to leave, permanently.

Seriously, I am working on putting together a campaign, or at least a good outdoor adventure, for Gary Con, and I may play with the Cleric abilities a bit. Either that, or the Cleric will be the highest level character in the party to compensate for the initial weakness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old December 19th, 2018, 03:42 PM

Some still did try, I just told them they couldn't do that.

I don't know if any of you would be interested, but I am one of several volunteers working on an Interactive Atlas written using Profantasy software.

Entrance page

http://atlas.monsen.cc/

search by keyword page

http://atlas.monsen.cc/Search

Majority of them are overland. Not all are based on Middle Ages Earth.
Old December 19th, 2018, 05:22 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

The is an interesting concept. I keep looking at the various guide books put out by the Army for servicemen and women in Europe of the European countries. Most of them for Europe have city maps of the larger cities, which can be very useful.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

Old December 29th, 2018, 10:59 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog

Well, courtesy of Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Party City as suppliers, and Safari Limited, Wild Republic, and Hobby Lobby as manufacturers, I now am all set up for wilderness encounters both land and sea, cavern encounters, and of course, dungeon encounters with a wide range of plastic miniatures, including Yeti and Bigfoot, and Nessie. I cannot forget Nessie. I still could use some good Pleistocene mammal figures, but I will keep looking.

For the adventuring party for D&D, that is where the Age of Mythology figures from Eagle-Gryphon games come in. They also will do nicely for the mythology creatures. Add in the Civilization, Age of Imperialism, Age of Empires, and Conquest of Empire figures, and I have all of the more humanoid groups covered. All these plastics sure would have made Dungeon Mastering a lot easier years ago. For that matter, given all of the current Earth wild animals, I could have a lot of fun running an Earth-based Space: 1889 campaign. Amazon HO! Venus and its Dinos HO! The Lost World HO! Kraken rising from the Norwegian Sea depths to decimate the Norwegian fishing fleet. Berserker Sperm Whales ramming ships. Giant Jackalopes pursuing hunters in the American West. The possibilities!!!

Now, I just have to find some nice, unsuspecting victims, er, I mean players.

Old December 31st, 2018, 11:39 AM

Some years ago I was trying to find small plastic dinosaurs for a Cheapa** Game called 'Bit'n Off Hedz'. They included the rules and the small gameboard, but not the playing pieces which the purchaser typically had already. After a month of looking in various stores one clerk told me they have a season and that is in the Fall for Christmas gifts.

So I waited until November, and found a package of them then. Mid-December, they were all gone.

You may have similar difficulties.
Old December 31st, 2018, 04:55 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog

Quote:
Some years ago I was trying to find small plastic dinosaurs for a Cheapa** Game called 'Bit'n Off Hedz'. They included the rules and the small gameboard, but not the playing pieces which the purchaser typically had already. After a month of looking in various stores one clerk told me they have a season and that is in the Fall for Christmas gifts.

So I waited until November, and found a package of them then. Mid-December, they were all gone.

You may have similar difficulties.
Not really, as there are two stores in the area that carry the Safari Limited tubes, plus you can order online. Hobby Lobby normally has good packs of plastic figures of various types, as does Party City. Hobby Lobby and Michaels also sell the large Safari Limited figures, which are really nice, but also a bit too large and expensive. Now, if I use 54mm plastic figures, the large Safari Limited would be ideal. However, they are, as I said, expensive.

The figures from Eagle-Gryphon Games are generally available with no problem. Getting the correct color or enough of various colors might be. Their Age of Mythology figures are first-rate. The native figures for Age of Imperialism will make good generic humanoids for combat.

All joking aside, putting together a good set of D&D figures is a lot easier than 30 to 40 years ago. I started with Blue Book D&D at Walter Reed Army Medical Center back in the spring of 1977, so going on 42 years. On of my bigger regrets is not having Gary Gygax sign most of my books. He was an alright guy, with a great imagination.

Old January 1st, 2019, 11:51 AM

Good. At least you found what you wanted.

There isn't much in the way of game stores in my area.
Old January 1st, 2019, 08:35 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog

Quote:
Good. At least you found what you wanted.

There isn't much in the way of game stores in my area.
That is why I mentioned the online ordering. That helps a lot in getting around not having any game or hobby stores in an area. I am not sure if I could post links to some of the websites that are out there.