Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Interstellar Scout Service

Imperial Interstellar Scout Service Details of the worlds of the Imperium (and beyond).

Old February 6th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
77topaz Citizen
Default Malorn Sector states

In the Traveller Wiki, the pages for the states in Malorn Sector (e.g. Toh Republic) each contain a few sentences of information. The pages all have MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan as sole listed source, and are categorised as canon. Do those sentences of information come from that book (I don't own it, so I cannot check)?

Secondly, the TravellerMap data doesn't seem to match those descriptions very well. For example, the world names of Great Terbah and Daprolix Juncture of Suns do not at all reflect that their inhabitants are meant to be of Arabian and Mongolian origin, respectively. The UWPs, too, don't entirely match up: the information about Great Terbah would suggest more religious governments, for example. Also, there seem to be a lot of low-tech worlds and lack of good starports in general. I understand that it is meant to be an outlying sector, and the low TLs/starports in Toh Republic match with its Uplifted Ape description, but in the current version of the data the lack of stellar-tech worlds and starship-construction-capable starports is so profound that it looks like a lot of these states would not actually be able to support themselves as interstellar states. Also, the fact all the non-aligned worlds are barren doesn't match up with Randy Dorman's new data for Aldebaran Sector, though it does match the adjacent Hanstone and Hadji Sectors (but wouldn't this make inter-empire trade difficult, anyway? I would suggest something similar to what I did for Amderstun Sector).

If the information on the Traveller Wiki on the interstellar states is canon, then perhaps revision of the sector data would be a good idea. What does everyone else think?

Last edited by 77topaz; February 6th, 2016 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Correct name of book, and something I forgot.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.