Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout has disabled reputation
Default Recent 'Caption for the Motivational Vargr' - Credit where credit is due

I'm pulling my latest Motivational parody picture because I found out those pics are actually of a dog named Bodhi and are from a blog called Menswear Dog. They're not Photoshop'd. Except the one in the space suit.

Quote:
Every model would tell you that working a camera is no easy task – but this poser makes it look effortless. Meet Menswear Dog, a super cute 3-year-old Shiba Inu dog from New York. Fashion designer Dave Fung and graphic designer Yena Kim chose him as a model for their Tumblr fashion blog Menswear Dog, where Bodhi wears and showcases a variety of stylish outfits. From street style to hipster to smart casual – the photogenic dog seems to always find an appropriate expression and angle to make the photos look great.
“His interests include never washing his selvage denim, lurking around Soho for someone to notice his steez, and sniffing fine a$$ bitches.”
Check it out. Now that's a real Vargr. I think we should adopt him as CotI's mascot.

http://mensweardog.tumblr.com/

I accidentally found the picture on a Google search for something completely unrelated and totally thought they were Photoshop'd. Which is actually ok as the posts we make are a parody of the Motivational posters (and thus a parody of the pictures themselves). Although we really should be using the Demotivator for our 'Caption' responses to make it more legit. It's all covered under the 1st Amendment. But I'll make sure I link to the Demotivator from now on. Technically, we don't need permission as long as it's a parody.

But I want to get permission from these folks so there isn't a chance of hard feelings or anything else.

And I definitely have to give credit where credit is due.

That's a good dog!

Last edited by Spinward Scout; May 23rd, 2013 at 06:19 AM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.