Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old March 26th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Brandon C Citizen+Brandon C Citizen+
Default One-Shot this Saturday

This Saturday I'm going to the FLGS for three hours and see about running a one-shot. I plan on taking two games (weight limits) and see which has the most interest. I'm not considering any other systems at this time.

GURPS (3e): pregenerated BPRD (Hellboy) characters (probably all human), the system I have the most experience with

Fudge: only run once, but I've tinkered with the game for over 20 years. May or may not use pregenerated characters. No clear choice for an adventure, but I am considering dusting off a GURPS Weird World War Ii adventure I ran twice (once as a store one-shot and the other time to start a long running campaign).

Star Wars (d6): everyone can make a character and have the rules explained in 10-15 minutes, virtually everyone is familiar with the setting. The only downside is that it's a 30 year old game (although an anniversary edition came out last year)

Torg Eternity: never run, but not complicated and the newest of the systems I have (last year), and with pregenerated characters from six unique Cosms, players should find something they like.

Also-rans

Space: 1889
Mongoose Traveller 1e
Mongoose 2300AD 1e

(I know the last two will tend to be favored here)

My website: http://copeab.tripod.com
Old March 26th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+

I'd pre-gen everything. 10-15 minutes to roll characters is big chunk of the 3 hours. You can always play in to the scenario and explain the rules as it goes for new folks.

Also, I imagine any one generating a character in 10m will be as attached to it as one they pulled from a deck anyway.
Old March 26th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Brandon C Citizen+Brandon C Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartung View Post
I'd pre-gen everything. 10-15 minutes to roll characters is big chunk of the 3 hours. You can always play in to the scenario and explain the rules as it goes for new folks.
True, and it will take time to attract enough players to start the adventure.

Quote:
Also, I imagine any one generating a character in 10m will be as attached to it as one they pulled from a deck anyway.
If you use one of the 20 or so templates in Star Wars, that's as long as it takes. You only have to allocate 7 skill dice. I think lack of detachment come more from creating a character for a one-shot than for a campaign.

My website: http://copeab.tripod.com