Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old August 26th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Brandon C Citizen+Brandon C Citizen+
Default Simulation baseball league looking for owners

My simulation baseball league is looking for a couple of new owners for next season. The Windows program we use is free (Strategic Baseball Simulator) and there is no entry fee or prize money -- just a for-fun league.

We will be setting keeper lists in 6-8 weeks so anyone interested should contact me before then.

(I would have provided a link to the program's website, but I don't think I'm allowed to)

My website: http://copeab.tripod.com
Old August 27th, 2018, 07:57 PM

Okay, there have been nearly 30 views of this thread but no comments.

Did I need to give more info on the league (12 team mixed, 15 keepers, 18 round draft, use stats from previous year)?

No interest in a free league?

Just curious.

Old January 9th, 2019, 03:07 AM

Still looking for two owners.

Duties of an owner shouldn't take more than 30 minutes a week.

If you need additional information, PM me.

Old January 9th, 2019, 03:17 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Moved to correct subforum.

It's a game and it's not Traveller nor CE.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old January 9th, 2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Moved to correct subforum.

It's a game and it's not Traveller nor CE.
Ah, sorry, thought this was for other RPGs.

Old January 9th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+

You know, it's funny.

In the past few years I have found a new love in Baseball. I really never gave it much notice for the longest time, then my wife and I went to the local home season opener, and I learned that I had a TV channel that broadcast (most) every game (ye olde "Regional Sports Network").

So, for whatever reason, I actually watched most every game.

And now, I'm basically hooked. And hooked hard. I love the game.

In the car, I have the MLB Radio channel going pretty much full time. More often than not, MLB network is what's on the TV at home (it's harder, right now they only have about 3-4 hours of actual content per day, being the off season). At a minimum, I watch the morning show for 20 minutes to "catch up", and watch some of the night programming.

I can barely stand waiting for Spring Training. I love Spring training. Why? Because MLB network pretty much runs baseball games 24x7 as the try to show as much of the ST games as they can. So, I know, if nothing else, I can turn MLB on and see a baseball game. With teams I don't follow, with players I don't know, many of which likely won't even make the regular season. Lots of AAA (even some AA) players working their way through the system show up at these games. The "stars", especially early on, may show up for a few innings. And, of course, the games don't matter. Nobody cares if you win or lose.

But, I. Don't. Care. I love the game. I love to watch it. Heck, I was watching an old Magnum P.I. episode that had a kids baseball element to the story, and some kid knocked one over the head of the 3rd baseman in front of the outfielder. It was a great hit! And, I applauded. I mean, it was a great hit. On a TV show! A grounder to 3rd thrown fast across the diamond to 1st to just catch the runner, a routine everyday play, but it's one of my favorites. Is he out? Of COURSE he's out. They're always out! Except when they're not. So, you Just Don't Know.

Gah. Off season, what can you do.

Anyway, given all that. Playing something like this holds no interest to me. It's an aspect of the game I'm not really interested in.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the horse trading going on right now -- meh.

My only meta-gaming thing in my head right now is the Angels have to wait for Harper and Machado to land, make a real play for getting Trout signed to an extension, and if they can't pull it off, then they should trade him by the deadline THIS year. But I think he'll stay. I hope he does. Trading Trout is unthinkable, but if he can't meet a deal this year, he won't next year. So, trade him away and cherry pick the best of what the other teams have to offer and nurse the team until we get out from under Pujols contract. (He'll hit 2000 RBIs this year -- I can hardly wait, he should have done it last year. Love Albert, hope he does a lot better this year, but he's a drag on the team right now.)

All-Star game comes to L.A. in 2020. Can't wait, I'll be there both nights for the game and HR Derby. I'll be there with bells on. What a hoot. (This years HRD was amazing, Harper just killed it. Fun to watch.)
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartung View Post
Anyway, given all that. Playing something like this holds no interest to me. It's an aspect of the game I'm not really interested in.
Well, you take on the role of manager (for home games) and general manager in this league. You set rotations and lineups for the week. You move players on and off your active roster. Your progress in the league is entirely based on winning or losing games, not artificial point totals generated by individual players.

Also, you manage your home games. You don't swing the bat, throw a pitch or field a ball. A player's stats determine his success.