Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old May 22nd, 2004, 09:16 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
bobpartdeux Citizen
One thing that I didn't notice in the ship combat section was rules for relative velocity

it seems that, the higher the velocity, the longer it would take to train weapons on the object

this would give an advantage to faster moving ships (usually fighters)

also, I noticed that there were no rules taking relativity into account, while GR would probably be a little complicated, SR could probably be used quite easily

also I have never seen any ships with designs where there were more (or less) than the number of engines required

what stops you from putting in twice the engines to make there be twice the acceleration?

I also have not seen anything about direction of acceleration, therefore I assume that it can be in any direction?

if this is the case, than the AC/Dodge bonus from the acceleration scales wrong (I beleive), if the acceleration can be in any direction than the bonus from it should scale as acceleration cubed instead of acceleration

if I was to make a carrier, I would put very few engines on it and very low power supply, this would allow a 'lot' of fighters (it would stay far away because of low armor and maneuverability)

critical hits are always important (if I understand the rules), so a lot of fighters would still be useful (while noncritical hits would basically not matter, roughly 5% of attacks would result in a critical hit and there would be a lot of fighters (meaning a lot of chances for a critical hit)

Jon Miller

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.