Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 2nd, 2003, 12:29 PM
Tom Schoene Tom Schoene is offline
Citizen: SOC-12
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 343
Gallery : 0
Tom Schoene Citizen
Post

I don't know if I've pointed this out before or not, but the thread on J-6 couriers reminded me of it.

The T20 rules for drop tanks (THB p. 267) are pretty much identical with those from High Guard. But T20's rules on fuel usage in jump (p. 354) should change things. T20 says a ship uses only ~80% of its jump fuel to initiate the jump and burns most of the remaining ~20% during jump to sustain the field.

This means that if you plan to discard drop tanks at the beginnning of the jump, you need to have 20% of the fuel requirement for that jump in your internal tanks, not the drop tanks. Othwerwise you're leaving behind fuel that you'll need during the jump. (This is hinted at in the last paragraph of the drop tank rules, but never said explicitly.)
Reply With Quote

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010- Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.