Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old August 14th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Citizen: SOC-8

Gallery : 0
Mytholder Citizen

Er, maybe end of the month. Ish. If the random factors co-incide, and everyone answers their email promptly.
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytholder View Post
The current outline suggests the book would come in at 160 pages, but having our own printing monster means that we can be flexible on that. I'm certainly comfortable with a 160-page length - it's short enough to be manageable, but not so short that all the core material can't be covered.
Oh, I think 160 pages is an excellent size -- more than I hoped for actually.
Tools Link
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

hemulen Citizen

Quote:
Er, maybe end of the month. Ish. If the random factors co-incide, and everyone answers their email promptly.
Can you tell us something about the playtesting? I have to say, I was part of the MRQ playtest, having been an RQ fan for a long time, and I was extremely unimpressed with the way the playtest was handled. I'm hoping that MT will be better.

Mark
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-8

Mytholder Citizen

Playtesting will be largely out of my hands, but I'll see what I can do. There's no point in asking me anything about yet, though.
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Roger Calver

Gallery :

Yeah a book about 160 pages long would be about the correct size to contain the core system, double that for the setting if included.
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 2
Visit Jeff M. Hopper's Blog
Jeff M. Hopper Citizen+Jeff M. Hopper Citizen+

Just as a point of reference, The Traveller Book came in at 160 pages. So RTT sounds like its definitely in the ballpark for page count.
TAS Member Corr 0213 Erlu B7C0626-9
Old August 14th, 2007, 03:27 PM

BlackBat242 Citizen+BlackBat242 Citizen+BlackBat242 Citizen+

"Oh, I think 160 pages is an excellent size -- more than I hoped for actually.'

If the pages actually have text, and the illustrations are kept to a reasonable level.

One of the things that griped me about 2ed AD&D was that the player's handbook should have been about 2/3 the page count. They had "stretched out" the page count by having huge margins, lots of repeated materiel, and having a large font size.

The last made it very "readable", but limited the actual amount of info per page, and boosted the book cost unnecessarily.
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:03 PM

Visit Flynn's Blog
Flynn Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Flynn

Quote:
Sweet, thanks! I won't ask again until then.

With Regards,
Flynn
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Sweet, thanks! I won't ask again until then.
Since that best guess is dependant upon "random factors co-incide, and everyone answers their email promptly", I would suggest that the beginning of next month-ish might be a better time to ask again.

Just my opinion based on my experiences with time estimates and real world events.
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:02 PM

tbeard1999 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
Not really. The OGL offers no protections from being sued or that you would win a case. In fact, it can get you into trouble pretty easily if you assume that everything listed as OGL in a product is actually OGL. You do not know that for a fact. Someone may have listed that part of their product is OGL when in fact they did not have the legal right to designate it as such. If you then reuse that material, the OGL gives you no protection.

*If* you follow the terms of the OGL, you'll have a "safe harbor" from being sued by the licensor of the material.

Obviously, if you make a mistake about what's actually covered by the OGL, then the situation changes. I don't think I ever implied that the OGL would provide blanket protection from unknowing violations of copyright for non-OGL material.

And while it is technically true that anyone can sue for anything, a licensor who sued for copyright infringement of OGL-licensed material would quickly lose a motion for summary judgment and could wind up paying the defendant's legal fees. In my experience, few plaintiffs are that irrational (and fond of paying legal fees).