Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old November 2nd, 2014, 07:42 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+
Default Space 1889

I thought I'd kicked tinkering with Space 1889 after about a week, but last night "John Carter" premiered on local Free to Air and steam-rolled my willpower, last night I finished half a dozen characters I'd not bean seriously tinkering with for the past week, then today I dug out some badly yellowed with faded pencil notes from my archives.

anyway I find myself trying to piece together a bunch of "Young Adult" Careers, like the "Cadet" as an older Child Character this represents someone attending a military school or somewhere like RMA Sandhurst (so RMA Woilage or RMC Sandhurst in game). as a lone Adult Career the character is a resent Graduate and serving as a junior officer, otherwise it is a First Career only.

Cadet, Male Only, Soc 3+, First Career Only
Leadership 1, Marksmen 1, Close Combat 1, Feildcraft 1
* Infantry: Feildcraft 1, Wilderness Travel (Mapping) 1, Observation 1
* Cavalry: Riding 1, Wilderness Travel (Mapping) 1, Observation 1
* Artillery: Gunnery (BLC or Machine Gun) 2, Mechanic (Machinist) 1
As a second Career they can serve in a regiment as if their Soc was one higher or at a higher rank if serving in a regiment of appropriate Soc.

An other is "Heiress", representing the daughters of the well healed who aren't Adventuresses.

Heiress, Female Only, Soc 5+, First Career Only
Observation 1, Eloquence 1, Theatrics 1, Linguistics 1
* Three Aditional Points (one only) in any of the above or the following Bargaining, Leadership, Riding
Heiresses have a Maid Associate and add 10 to their Wealth and Income Multipliers.

Last edited by Sir Brad; November 2nd, 2014 at 08:17 PM..
Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:30 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Brad View Post
An other is "Heiress", representing the daughters of the well healed who aren't Adventuresses.

Heiress, Female Only, Soc 5+, First Career Only
Observation 1, Eloquence 1, Theatrics 1, Linguistics 1
* Additional Points (one only) in any of the above or the following Bargaining, Leadership, Riding
Heiresses have a Maid Associate and add 10 to their Wealth and Income Multipliers.
Why only one additional point? Space 1889 careers tend to seven point and the exceptions that I can recall have more (though I may have forgotten about some with only six points).

Hans
Old November 2nd, 2014, 02:23 PM
Count

Visit Ulsyus's Blog
Ulsyus Citizen+Ulsyus Citizen+Ulsyus Citizen+

Wasn't/isn't the idea of Sandhurst to take educated young gentlemen and turn them into officers? The first set of skill points makes sense, but where do the corps-specific ones fit in for such an institution?
Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+

For the Heiress there are ment to be three points to spend but no more than one in any skill.

as to cadets at the time Sandhurst had Infantry and Cavalry programs where Woolage had the Artillery, Engineers and others, but this career could also reperesent the "Cadet Schools" (equivalent to the American Military Schools) that where around at the time to prepare boys for Sandhurst and Woolage or for derelict commission in to the Indian & Colonial Armies.