Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 7th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

The Jinru family calls for a ground transport van to come and take them and their luggage to the Downport building where their local relations will come get them. The kids are hugely excited about getting to ride down on the bridge and are plotting their careers to grow up and be starship pilots. The older family members are very grateful for your kind treatment of them and for saving the shuttle ticket fees, and repeat their invitation to come see them any time you are back in-system.

The spec goods offered in the Market listings are much the same as for the Highport, except that some of the bulkier goods are cheaper because the shuttle fees don't have to be covered. There are some loads of Basic Electronics available as well, at base prices.

[Since MgT has expanded the Broker skill to include what was formerly the Trader skill, I think I will treat the two functions the same as I did under CT. Broker helps you find buyers and sellers, without any particular extra effort, as a DM on the rolls. Broker/Trader helps you get better prices selling your goods, at half-skill as a straight DM on the tables, or at full skill if you take some time and roleplay finding someone to pay a higher price. Broker/Trader also helps you get reduced prices on buying spec goods, but only if you take the time to actually find better deals; it won't change what you see on the Market listings. All clear?]

You receive a comm from Turovik arranging a time to come and pick up his freight. He pays the balance due on shipping (Cr9000) plus the bonus for bringing the load to the Downport (Cr3000). He tells you that he might be able to find some good deals on spec goods for sale, if you want to come by his office or meet for a meal. He makes sure you have his commcode, then waves and gets into his personal groundcar to follow the cargo crawlers to his warehouse.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 7th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

I thinks---No roleplay, half skill. Roleplay, full skill.

Before Turovik rolls off:

"Well, we are only down here for a few hours, how about an early dinner? Always snooping for a good deal, and I am hoping to supply the smaller colonies out there with the supplies to grow efficiently so I am interested in basic computer systems, primary and backup power supplies for ground stations, air handlers and purifiers, construction tools, terraforming and farming equipment; you know that sort of thing.

"Mano, any joy looking for that part?"

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old August 7th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
"Well, we are only down here for a few hours, how about an early dinner? Always snooping for a good deal, and I am hoping to supply the smaller colonies out there with the supplies to grow efficiently so I am interested in basic computer systems, primary and backup power supplies for ground stations, air handlers and purifiers, construction tools, terraforming and farming equipment; you know that sort of thing.
"Well, sure, let's see if we can do some business! Those export people never think about stuff like that, they're all about the furs and the frozen food, but we make just as good of electronics as anyplace at our Tech Level, which is for sure better than any colony can make for themselves for a LONG time. Do you like Vilani food, or some variety of Terran, or we have some 'native cuisine' places that blend different techniques using our local critters and vegetables?"

Quote:
"Mano, any joy looking for that part?"
"Not really any better than what I found up on the Highport, but a few that look just as good, at same price. I could take the flyer and go check them out, but I'd kinda like to be around for this native Jurin meal if that's what y'all decide on for early dinner."
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 7th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
"Well, sure, let's see if we can do some business! Those export people never think about stuff like that, they're all about the furs and the frozen food, but we make just as good of electronics as anyplace at our Tech Level, which is for sure better than any colony can make for themselves for a LONG time. Do you like Vilani food, or some variety of Terran, or we have some 'native cuisine' places that blend different techniques using our local critters and vegetables?"

"Not really any better than what I found up on the Highport, but a few that look just as good, at same price. I could take the flyer and go check them out, but I'd kinda like to be around for this native Jurin meal if that's what y'all decide on for early dinner."
"If you don't mind, some native Jurin food sounds fun. We get plenty of Vilani and mock-Terran aboard ship. Mind if I bring my crew? At least one of my people is interested in trying Jurin chow.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old August 8th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

"That would be most excellent. I recommend the Jinn-Zill Kron, a native restaurant where I eat quite often, featuring local equatorial dishes, mostly seafood, as well as some Zvillin dishes from the mainland north of here.

"I have to follow these doh-blocks that I employ to make sure they store my purchases properly; say I meet you at the restaurant one hour from now? It is easy to find from here, just 1.5 klicks north up that avenue right there... or if you have any other travel plans, you can find it on your maps or GPS by reference to the starport, then 1.5 kilometers north. By the way, if your ship's library data for this system isn't current, they'll sell you an update from the port office for about Cr10, I think."

Unless you have further questions, Turovik gets into his groundcar and hovers away, following the cargo crawlers.

If you intend to venture away from your ship, you'll probably want winter clothing - heavy jackets or light coats, warm headgear or knit scarfs, warm gloves - as the air temp is about 4o C, just above freezing, with a moderate breeze. (Temp-controlled clothing such as a vaccsuit would also work.)

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 8th, 2014 at 04:35 AM..
Old August 8th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

"One hour, excellent.

Query the crew to find out who wants to come to dinner. If everyone wants to come, well, turn on the security system and lock the doors.

Stop by the "gift shop" at the starport and buy a library update, and if they have one a hazards to navigation update for this end of the sector. Find a nice cable-knit sweater (Irish fisherman's sweater is the style) and coats for my crew, and four watch caps with matching winter gloves. Sinc my com with local GPS and program our destination.

Hit the ATM for some cash. 1000 Credits, or as much as it will let me have, whichever is less.

"A click and a half will warm us up, and we all could use the exercise."

Put on the cable-knit sweater, a watch cap and gloves, and set out a brisk walking pace.

While walking, text Amberson "Meet tomorrow for Brunch? Like to see what you can offer for sale. Specifically, looking for small atmospheric drones and remote operated weapons platforms for colony defenses. Perhaps some mining equipment?"

Old August 9th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
"One hour, excellent.

Query the crew to find out who wants to come to dinner. If everyone wants to come, well, turn on the security system and lock the doors.

Stop by the "gift shop" at the starport and buy a library update, and if they have one a hazards to navigation update for this end of the sector. Find a nice cable-knit sweater (Irish fisherman's sweater is the style) and coats for my crew, and four watch caps with matching winter gloves. Sinc my com with local GPS and program our destination.

Hit the ATM for some cash. 1000 Credits, or as much as it will let me have, whichever is less.
The crew are all appreciative of the sweaters, coats, caps, and gloves. Lefty says he doesn't need a coat, as he has a jacket the he found in the ship's locker (with Bridget's logo imprinted).

ATM spits out Cr1000 in Jurin credits.

While walking, text Amberson "Meet tomorrow for Brunch? Like to see what you can offer for sale. Specifically, looking for small atmospheric drones and remote operated weapons platforms for colony defenses. Perhaps some mining equipment?"[/QUOTE]

Text back from Amberson: "Not really a morning person. If you can stretch Brunch to 1300, let's do it. Come over to my place [address]. Bring any crew if you wish."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 9th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Quote:
The crew are all appreciative of the sweaters, coats, caps, and gloves. Lefty says he doesn't need a coat, as he has a jacket the he found in the ship's locker (with Bridget's logo imprinted).
Need more of those...maybe even a full uniform issue for the crew. Duffel and all. Note to self: find uniform manufacturer.

Quote:
Text back from Amberson: "Not really a morning person. If you can stretch Brunch to 1300, let's do it. Come over to my place [address]. Bring any crew if you wish."
"I thought 1300 WAS brunch? That time will be great. Till tomorrow then.

Old August 10th, 2014, 02:50 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Need more of those...maybe even a full uniform issue for the crew. Duffel and all. Note to self: find uniform manufacturer.
When asked, Lefty says he found a bunch of the jackets in the ship's locker, in several sizes, in a box under some filter frames that he found and moved to the appropriate locker in Engineering. Seems maybe some previous owner of the ship ordered these and then never handed them out.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 10th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Quote:
When asked, Lefty says he found a bunch of the jackets in the ship's locker, in several sizes, in a box under some filter frames that he found and moved to the appropriate locker in Engineering. Seems maybe some previous owner of the ship ordered these and then never handed them out.
"Huh. Probably should inventory that thing at some point."

Closed Thread