Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old April 28th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit Flynn's Blog
Flynn Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Flynn
Default Where To Announce Third-Party Traveller OGL Products?

Good Morning, All:

As someone that has already stated publicly that they will be creating third-party products under the soon-to-be released Traveller OGL rules, I would like to announce some of the products I'll be releasing over the next few months. However, I do not know where to make such announcements in a manner that is visible to interested Traveller fans without stepping on the toes of the companies that host excellent Traveller boards. While I know non-Traveller boards that support multiple RPGs offer a publisher's announcement forum to localize such things within their own websites (such as ENWorld or RPG.net), I don't know which ones are frequented by Traveller fans.

Therefore, I'd like to ask if anyone had any suggestions of where I could post "press releases" or public announcements regarding up-and-coming third-party Traveller products, either here or elsewhere, while remaining in compliance with the posting rules of this and other forums.

With Regards,
Flynn
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:57 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 2
Visit Jeff M. Hopper's Blog
Jeff M. Hopper Citizen+Jeff M. Hopper Citizen+

The RPGnet Forums would be a good place. There is a specific subforum for product announcements.
TAS Member Corr 0213 Erlu B7C0626-9
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

danbuter Citizen

Which no one reads .
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Visit dmccoy1693's Blog
dmccoy1693 Citizen+dmccoy1693 Citizen+

I think what Flynn is asking is if it is ok if products written under the Mongoose Traveller license are announced here, even if they are not produced by a company that has a license to product OTU products.

For those unsure, those are two different licenses. The Mongoose Traveller license indicates compatability (like buying software with a windows logo on it that is not made by Microsoft). A company that is producing OTU material had to obtain a different license entirely.

Dale McCoy, Jr.
Jon Brazer Enterprises