Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old June 20th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

Gallery : 9
Stei'awtliyrl Citizen
Question

A couple of you have advanced the idea that the Imperial Moot was somehow involved in the events leading to the assassination of Strephon. Personally, I like this idea a lot and am trying to incorporate it into a pre-Rebellion campaign. But one question continues to elude me.

Why would the Moot want Strephon out of power? So far I haven't seen anything that marks Emperor Strephon as grossly incompetent. From what I've gathered over the years, Strephon's biggest sin was being mediocre.

I have a vague idea that because Strephon was the latest in a string of mediocre Emperors. Because of this, the Third Imperium had grown stagnant and younger, more vital states (like the Zhodani and Solomani) began to become real threats. In light of this, perhaps a reactionary faction of the Moot develops the notion that a change in leadership to someone with "vision" would shake the Imperium out of its rut.

Sadly, I've run into a block on how the details would shake out. Thus, I turn to you all for more discussion and debate.

IMTU = tc+tmtnt4--t5+t20++ru-ge31-c+jt-au-ls+pi+tahe+kk-hi+as++va++dr-ith--vr-ne-so-zh+vidasy-

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.