Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old May 26th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbmc1969 View Post
Could you give the actual dimensions of the sections, then?

Is there a reason for the "shaft" of the barbell, other than the rule of cool?
Saves mass. Actually makes the dtons smaller as well, since the narrowed neck was not considered.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

Disco Soup Citizen

Yeah, I can't actually determine the exact dimensions of the shafts (there are several, they serve as shock absorbers), so I made a guesstimate and used that. This is based on old tech and uses a fission reactor. The engine is way bigger than Traveller rules call for, so I just noted that the engine section is also fuel storage and called it good.
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:33 AM

Disco Soup Citizen

And part of my problem is that I just looked at the plans again. The original has the mission module with a diameter 2 meters thinner than the pusher plate. It's actually 24 meters wide.
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:40 AM

Disco Soup Citizen

The original plans say that the there's 11,326 cubic meters in the mission module, but running it at a radius of 12 meters and a length of 44.5 meters, I'm getting 20121 cubic meters. Shaving off 25 percent for the cone still gives me 15,090, which translates to 1077 dtons.

The main engine section past the pusher plate is also 24 meters, so I've got to recalculate that, too. No big.